Title: Project & Label Manager
!K7 Music is a leading independent multi-faceted music company that was founded in 1985 and has been offering Artist and Label Services since 2002, providing worldwide campaign management, sales, distribution and marketing to a range of leading independent labels and artists across multiple genres.
There is an opening for an experienced Project & Label Manager, preferably based in Berlin or London (although other locations will be considered) to handle a roster of !K7 Music’s Label Services clients. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for their roster and act as a source of advice and expertise adding value to their releases and campaigns.
The role demands the need to adapt to the role quickly and seamlessly, working independently, conscientiously and with a forward thinking spirit.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships for a varied array of labels and artistsCollaborate with internal departments, from operations, product, sales and marketing to finance and management to ensure all clients’ business needs are met
- Oversee scheduling of both releases and the exploitation of back catalogue, ensuring deadlines are met and all represented sales and marketing needs are managed on a global scale
- Manage physical production workflows including client sales expectations and pressing quantities ensuring all stock requirements and deadlines are met
- Oversee digital metadata to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications and within deadline
- Manage and execute priority release campaign elements from inception through to post-release analysis, overseeing and advising on each part of the process throughout including liaising with PR teams and all other stakeholders involved in each release campaign
- Support the physical and digital teams with the necessary tools for pitching and selling releases with maximum impact
- Create effective retail marketing plans to present to label and artist clients on each relevant campaign
- Constantly inform and educate labels with current and developing best practice methods across all areas of the business
- Based In Berlin or London but other locations will be considered
- At least 2 years experience in a Label Services provider, record label, distributor, artist management or other relevant landscape
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the creation and eco-system of physical releases and associated deadlines from production through to release date
- A strong understanding of metadata and workflows of the digital distribution process
- Knowledge and relationships with a variety of PRs, radio pluggers, designers and digital marketing / asset creation agencies.
- High-level organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Awareness of changes and developments of the landscape in the industry
- Robust network of contacts and relationships within the independent label sector.
- The ability to travel and participate in industry events as required.
!K7 actively encourages and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities that are currently under-represented in the music industry: ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, gender non-binary, neurodiverse and disabled.
!K7 has a commitment to sustainability and is proactive to take steps to reduce it’s carbon footprint. Since 2019, we’ve successfully decreased our carbon footprint by 38% per employee across the company.
Whilst some of our offices have barriers to access, we are taking steps to resolve these, and in the meantime continue to encourage interest from applicants who require adjustments within the workplace.
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday, 12 May 2023.