Please apply with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
!K7 Music is a leading independent multi-faceted music company that was founded in 1985 and has been offering Artist and Label Services since 2002, providing worldwide campaign management, sales, distribution, and marketing to a range of leading independent labels and artists across multiple genres.
There is an immediate opening for an experienced Label Manager, preferably based in Berlin to handle a roster of !K7 Music’s Label Services clients. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for their roster and act as a source of advice and expertise adding value to their releases and campaigns. The role demands the need to adapt to the role quickly and seamlessly, working independently, conscientiously and with a forward thinking spirit.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships for a varied array of labels and artists
- Collaborate with internal departments, from operations, product, sales and marketing to finance and management to ensure all clients’ business needs are met
- Oversee scheduling of releases, ensuring deadlines are met and all represented sales and marketing needs are managed on a global scale
- Manage physical production workflows, ensuring all stock requirements and deadlines are met
- Oversee digital metadata to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications and within deadline
- Manage and execute priority release campaign elements from inception through to post-release analysis overseeing and advising on each part of the process throughout
- Support the physical and digital teams with the necessary tools for selling releases into retail with maximum impact.
- Constantly inform and educate labels with current and developing best practice methods across all areas of the business
Role Requirements :
- Based In Berlin but other locations will be considered
- At least 2 years experience in a Label Services provider, record label, distributor, artist management or other relevant landscape
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the creation and eco-system of physical releases and associated deadlines from production through to release date.
- A strong understanding of metadata and workflows of the digital distribution process
- Knowledge and relationships with a variety of press and radio companies.
- High-level organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Awareness of changes and developments of the landscape in the industry.
- Robust network of contacts and relationships within the independent label sector.
- The ability to travel as required.
!K7 actively encourages and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities that are currently under-represented in the music industry: ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, gender non-binary, neurodiverse and disabled.
Whilst some of our offices have barriers to access, we are taking steps to resolve these, and in the meantime continue to encourage interest from applicants who require adjustments within the workplace