K-tel, founded in 1962, is the original “As Seen On TV” company and has sold over half a billion albums worldwide. The company has a vast catalog of Billboard Charting hits performed by the original legacy artist such as Little Richard, The Romantics, and Lesley Gore.
The catalog can be found on all digital platforms and is often synced with TV and Film. Recent sync projects include licensing music for programs such as Stranger Things, The Queen’s Gambit and a Nike commercial.
In addition, K-tel owns the Mini Pop Kids, the #1 selling kids music brand in Canada. The Mini Pop Kids tour annually performing in front of over 40K people, a yearly Billboard charting album, continuous development of video content, and recently launched clothing line with Walmart.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, passionate and entrepreneurial person to join our team. The person will be the general manager for the Mini Pop Kids team to help lead the future growth, and build and manage the brand. The person will also contribute insight and assistance with the strategy and growth of the K-tel Music catalog as well. In order to succeed you must enjoy taking on a range of responsibilities in a hands-on environment with a small amazing team.
- Build strategic relationships with third parties to help grow the brands
- Build and develop licensing and sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with overseeing the Mini Pop Kids Tour. This includes overseeing budgets for tour creation, touring, and P&L. Responsible for merchandise, marketing, and show reconciliations
- Help create the strategy for content development and branding
- Oversee the hiring of production teams to create new content both audio and visual for YouTube and other channels for Mini Pop Kids
- Assist with distribution, marketing, social media and optimization of content across various platforms
- Manage the Mini Pop Kids team – Marketing, Touring, etc. and grow the team as necessary
- Responsible for P&L of Mini Pop Kids
- 10+ years of management experience, managing people
- Strong people and organizational skills
- Experience in the music industry, touring industry or children’s production industry required
- Proven strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems creatively
- Someone who can work in an entrepreneurial dynamic environment.
- Excellent networking and communication skills