Independent music creators are the beating heart of Jamendo. The Head of Music & Artist Services plays a crucial role in the organization, and makes sure our Artists get the attention they deserve.
With a dedicated team and cross functionally, the Head of Music & Artist Services has two main missions:
A. The best content to the appropriate user
- Control, develop and improve content acquisition and define a strategy that will benefit both our Music and Licensing platforms, as well as any upcoming business line.
- Invent and set up scalable moderation & curation methods.
- Foster standard improvements in the team work methodology, directly, through new partners and through in-house platform improvements.
- Bring relevant feedback to the Product team. Be an advocate of Music Creators in the organization, fight for their rights. Work hand in hand with the marketing department to increase awareness about Jamendo artists.
- Create, maintain, and regularly communicate an accurate set of KPIs, covering all dimensions of Music content and Creators for the company.
- Oversee the acquisition of external content for specific purposes.
B. Develop the Jamendo Artist Services
- Transform our DSP distribution service Beta test into a best-in-class solution. Act cross-functionnally with the Marketing and Product departments, and handle the recently born relations with streaming services.
- Oversee the execution of DSP contracts, handle business negotiations with stakeholders and generally be a key and proactive element to develop our Distribution service.
- Create relevant digital partnerships and events, aiming at developing the engagement of the Artists community, their exposure, their success, and help increasing the Company brand recognition.
- Be a central point in the definition of any added value services, that will benefit the artists and Jamendo.
- Convert existing and new content creators to all the services offered by the platform, Content Id, Distribution, Licensing, and more to come.
- Create digital strategies to accompany the releases of all artists using the Jamendo services, including playlist pitching, Social Media boosts, digital media planning, in close interaction with the digital marketing department.
- Increase the local footprint of the company through partnerships and events.
Profile and Skills :
- Curious, versatile entrepreneur-minded, and a music lover at heart. Your level of motivation stays the same whether you deal with future rockstars or honest craftsmen.
- At least five years’ experience in promotional activities related to music in a digital environment. You have a track record in artists releases with the main streaming platforms. You’re eager to experiment new methods, you’re a creative thinker focused on delivering results.
- Your digital marketing and SEO knowledge background will be valued
- You are eager to create personal relations with emergent creators from anywhere in the world
- Fluent English, all additional languages will be an asset
- Strong communication skill and the ability to convince others with solid arguments is key. We are a very diverse team, truly multicultural, related by the same passion for our mission to our community of artists.
Jamendo is the world’s largest royalty-free music community for independent artists. We reach millions of music enthusiasts globally every month through our website and apps. Our goal is to help people discover free music uploaded by talented and emerging artists.
We also offer a very convenient licensing solution to professionals who need music for commercial use (licensing.jamendo.com). And finally, we provide exposure and a unique way to make money for independent artists. Our philosophy? Win-win!
You want a boost in your career, work in a fun environment while shaping the future of music? Look no further! Join our team of young, talented professionals!
Jamendo is a proud signatory of Luxembourg Diversity Charter.