JAAK is a London-based startup building a new global network for intellectual property rights registration, management and monetisation, starting with the music industry.
JAAK has been developing and testing KORD, a decentralised network protocol which enables stakeholders to record and communicate IP rights.
JAAK’s first use of KORD will provide the music industry with a holistic view of global rights ownership data, from labels, publishers, performing rights organisations, artists, songwriters and their representatives.
Join us and help supercharge our engagement with the music industry, ensuring the products we’re building serve real needs. The technology we’re building will deliver meaningful benefits to the IP industries.
- Support JAAK’s business development efforts:
– Establish cross functional relationships with rights holders, understand each functions unique perspective and needs
– Build relationships with current and future music licensees, initially focusing on app developers in the first instance, becoming an advocate for JAAK & KORD
- Build out JAAK’s product feedback solution, enabling the the business to capture the industries requirements and build relevant and suitable products
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the Music industry, with experience as either an account, product or project manager
- Experience working with complex rights or projects
- A degree or comparable work experience in addition to the above
- Experience in a startup environment would be useful
- A basic understanding of:
– Music copyright & licensing,
– Digital music services, &;
– The technologies that underpin the current music industry supply chain
- A love of music
- Strong general Microsoft Office skills: Excel and Powerpoint in particular
- Some basic financial modelling experience would be useful
- Ability to:
– Build strong external relationships
– Gather useful and meaningful feedback and communicate it in a clear structured format
– Work autonomously
– Present ideas clearly to the team and external companies
– Understand and communicate complicated and nuanced ideas
Location and Travel
- London based
- Starting asap
- Regular local and occasionally international travel