This is a great opportunity for a highly-skilled public affairs professional to join the dynamic and innovative ISM and lead our public affairs work.
We are well known for our high-profile campaigns and policy initiatives on everything from Brexit to dignity in the workplace to workers’ rights to education and we are now looking for a public affairs professional to drive our campaigns and policy work forward.
The role will lead in conjunction with the CEO the ISM Group’s public affairs and policy function across all parts of the music profession, and deliver a wide range of policy initiatives and campaigns which generate significant benefits to ISM members and the music sector as a whole.
- Degree or equivalent level of education.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the field of public affairs with an in depth understanding of policy and campaigns strategies using a wide range of techniques to optimise success.
- Strong political awareness across a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable track record of success in previous roles.
- Experience in strategic development and implementation.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude with a clear focus on outcomes and impact.
- Very strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Very strong project management skills.
- A strong manager and coordinator and ability to work effectively in a matrix structure.
- Good team player who works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate persuasively to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- Experience of the music or the creative sector.
You will be joining a professional staff team based in Bayswater, London where the emphasis is on good communication, innovation and team work.
Applications are welcome from candidates from all sectors who can demonstrate a track record of success.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Deborah Annetts on 020 7313 9320.
To apply please send a full CV and covering letter saying why you are the person for the job to [email protected].
Closing date is 09.00 on Monday 6 August 2018. First round interviews will be in the following week.
For all ISM vacancies, please visit: https://www.ism.org/about/vacancies