Island Records are looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager, who is passionate about music, data and the digital landscape, to join their Digital Marketing team.
The successful candidate will need to have solid experience of working in Digital Marketing in the entertainment sector, as well as experience in managing and building eCRM databases; responsive cross-browser and device web design; and WordPress CMS.
They will also need to have a strong understanding of Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimisation best practice, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or similar graphics software. Basic HTML coding skills, strong existing relationships with key platforms e.g. Facebook, and a desire to pursue a career in Digital Marketing, are also essential.
Main purpose of role
- Work with the Island marketing team, artists and managers to deliver innovative and strategic digital marketing campaigns.
- Consult on the creation of digitally led marketing plans for artist campaigns.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to plan digital budgets through a clear understanding of ROI and commercial potential of each activity.
- Deliver clear value to artists through managing the strategy across all of their digital properties.
- Find, engage and maintain relevant target audiences via digital platforms.
- Deliver against Database, Traffic and engagement (conversion) targets agreed by the Strategic Marketing Director.
- Ensure email and social CRM is at the heart of all artist campaigns year round, even when out of the release cycle.
- Oversee the briefing, build and maintenance of all artist digital touch points – official site, social networks, apps, mobile destinations etc.
- Ensure best practise across data capture, CRM, sales opportunities, editorial and community.
- Actively seek innovative solutions to compliment traditional marketing plans.
- Support the implementation of innovative, cost effective digital activities into marketing and promotional teams.
- Commission and project manage the development of creative digital tools and content with a view to all tools being repurposed across artists and territories.
- Actively research new platforms, services and suppliers on a regular basis with the digital team.
- Report on all campaign activities in internal meetings.
Consumer/Digital Trends Champion:
- Fully understand and actively communicate the latest innovations and consumer trends in digital media to the rest of the label.
- Use consumer data and research to identify new opportunities and implement within the marketing and promotions teams.
- Understand consumer behaviour on and offline and devise tactics which address their needs and positively engage. Source relevant research and data to inform artist strategies.
Cross functional relationships:
Work with the Strategic Marketing Director to help ensure a consistent dialogue with the following departments in order to maintain a digital approach and implement digital deal opportunities.
- Digital Marketing
- Island Marketing teams
- Insight and Analytics
- Globe Brand team
- Promotional teams
- Commercial team (Sales and e-commerce)
- Global Digital Marketing team
- Manage relationships with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Soundcloud, Snapchat, Shazam and other key platform partners in order to secure high value profile for the Island roster.
- Integrate new digital deals/partnerships into marketing and promotional planning.
- Commission bespoke content and tools for 3rd party placement.
- Understand and police the Universal Content Guidelines and educate artist / management on implementation.
- Negotiate added media value around exclusive content.
- Deliver cross media opportunities working with Island promotions team.
- Alongside the Strategic Marketing Director, help motivate the digital marketing team to seek new opportunities and continually review effectiveness.
- Promote basic digital media principles in all functions.
- Solid experience of working in digital marketing in Entertainment.
- Proven experience in managing, building and nurturing eCRM email databases.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics, data segmentation.
- A good understanding of the value of rights ownership and content in the web space.
- Strong existing relationships with key platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google, Spotify, Snapchat etc.
- A commitment to excellence and pursuing a career in Digital marketing.
- Passionate about music, data and the digital landscape.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business.
- Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
- Self-motivated with the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more challenging aspects of the role.
- Tactful and diplomatic, especially when dealing with Artists and Management.
- Experience in responsive cross-browser and device web design.
- Good understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) best practice.
- Basic HTML coding skills essential.
- Knowledge and experience of website and asset hosting.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver or similar graphics software desirable, but not essential.
- Experience with WordPress CMS.