Island Records are looking for a Marketing Manager to create, deliver and manage outstanding and profitable marketing campaigns and strategies for UK and international releases.
The successful candidate will need to have experience of working in marketing within music, including but not limited to, aspects such as: managing budgets, negotiating with artists and their management, creation of videos and other content, instigating and managing photo-shoots.
Drive, motivation and managerial skills; strong communication and relationship building skills; and a proven knowledge of charts, trends and artists, are essential.
Main purpose of role
To create, deliver and manage outstanding and profitable marketing campaigns and strategies for UK and international releases. The Island roster includes artists such as: Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Amy Winehouse, Bob Marley, Hozier, Jack Garratt, Ben Howard, James Morrison, PJ Harvey, Dizzee Rascal and KSI.
- Manage consumer marketing plans.
- Work closely with the label – A&R/Digital/Press/Promotions/Sales etc. to deliver connected and cutting-edge strategies across the business.
- Responsible for individual artist budgets in line with the agreed spends.
- With the MD & FD, develop and build robust sales versus spend models that can inform short and long term campaign planning and execution.
- Work with digital and the central insight team to plan and execute a regular market research programme to inform campaign planning, timing, excellence and longevity.
- Plan multi-platform advertising campaigns with the media agency, to effectively utilise the budgets of each release.
- Devise effective and innovative digital campaigns in conjunction with the digital marketing team, integrating all elements of digital activity into each campaign.
- Work closely with the commercial team to undertake operational and creative responsibility for the Island e-Commerce programme.
- Instigate and manage / co-manage photo shoots, video shoots and creation of all creative content to support all release campaigns.
- Develop strong relationships with artists and artist management.
- Ensure all information is accurately communicated to all departments regarding release plans, changes, developments etc.
- Be prepared to adapt job, role and requirements to suit an ever changing music landscape.
- Develop and initiate innovative ideas for merchandising opportunities.
- Proven authoritative knowledge of charts, trends and artists.
- Ability to identify and nurture artist talent.
- Have strong knowledge of the streaming space and playlisting, fundamentally on Spotify and Apple Music services.
- Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions in a high-stakes environment.
- Drive, motivation and managerial skills to take high-profile projects successfully from inception to completion, often simultaneously and under pressure.
- Experience of working with acts of various sizes and budgets.
- Experience of effectively managing budgets to minimise financial spend within own projects and maximising profits.
- Success at incorporating digital activity into marketing campaigns.
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and outstanding presentational ability.
- Successful experience in negotiating with artists, artist management, internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience managing the creation of videos and other additional content, including briefing creative agencies.
- Experience instigating and managing photo shoots, including managing budgets, briefs and contracts.