Permanent Full Time
Location: London or Los Angeles
Salary: Competitive / Depending on Experience
Based in Bermondsey, London, Involved Publishing is an electronic and indie music publisher. We’re proud to represent cutting edge artists and songwriters from around the world, including Above & Beyond, Dusky, Lane 8, Seven Lions, CRi, Kyson, Robyn Sherwell, Yotto, Sophia Bel, Andrew Bayer, Yotto, and many more.
We need a person to join our fast growing music publishing company as A&R Manager, where you’ll be working with the Head of Publishing to support the creative needs of our roster – including sessions, sourcing co-writers, top-lines and features – as well as expanding our A&R network with artists, labels, publishers and managers. You will also have the opportunity to develop and nurture relationships with some of the best electronic and dance artists/musicians in the world, and discover and present new artists to sign to the roster.
You will also be working alongside Involved Group’s other thriving companies, which includes the record labels, Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, and our label service partners including This Never Happened, Ophelia Records and 17 Steps, Involved Management, and also our label events brands.
Day to Day
- Working with the Head of Publishing in liaising day to day with new and existing artists
- Maintaining monthly roster check-in (virtual, in-person)
- Scouting new talent by targeting new and established artists and suggesting signings
- Procuring top line vocals on singles and albums in conjunction with roster, label teams and Head of Publishing
- Develop and maintain relationships with A&R teams at other labels and publishers
- Providing technical and critical feedback on music
- Organising writing sessions and writing camps and facilitating collaborations between label and publishing artists
- Preparing publishing contribution for participation in label A&R meetings
- Identifying and nurturing musicians from all backgrounds, increasing the diversity of our publishing (and label) family
- Upkeep of our catalogue through filing master recordings, stems, instrumentals in DISCO
- Signing new artists and songwriters;
- Writing Camps;
- Commissioning music for our Library and Production Music catalogue and music for sync;
- Commissioning covers from our roster of third-party heritage catalogue for sync (e.g. trailers, TV and film), as well as covers of PD works (e.g. Holiday songs).
- Strong interest in music – especially dance, electronic and indie genres – and an openness towards all musical genres;
- The ability to critically listen to music and provide an opinion and feedback along the way
- Track record of strong attention to detail, and organisation and prioritisation skills;
- An outgoing personality and passion for meeting new people, with great communication skills and high level of written and spoken English and presentation skills a plus;
- Analytical skills as well as experience working with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs suite;
- Proactive self-starter with a good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments;
- Design skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Web Design) would be considered a plus.
- Proactive attitude with a sharp and positive mentality
What else do we offer?
- Participation in the Profit Share Policy (PSP)
- Minimum 20 days annual leave which increases with service, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- A creative, fun and sociable office environment
- Gympass Silver membership
- Premium subscription to CALM and Strava along with many other health apps
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Access to our UK events and shows
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
- Participation in our local community charity initiatives
- Please apply by uploading your CV and Cover Letter.
Closing date – Tuesday 7 June 2022
If you would like to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying. We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.