Global Independent Music Company
Involved Group – Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep and partner labels
London UK (we are only accepting candidates from the UK for this role)
Salary: £32-38,000, depending on experience
Full time, permanent
Based in Bermondsey, the Involved Group includes the globally renowned and successful independent dance and electronic labels Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep and the recently announced new label Reflections. The label business also distributes and provides label services for a number of labels including Ophelia (Seven Lions), This Never Happened (Lane 8) and 17 Steps (Dusky).
Involved Group is also home to Involved Publishing, a progressive independent music publisher and home to some of the most cutting edge producers, writers and artists from around the world and Involved Management an artist management agency that specialises in developing the careers, stories and businesses of some of the most popular acts in electronic music.
Involved Group are looking for an experienced Royalties Manager to join our growing Finance team.
Reporting to the Senior Royalties Manager, you will be involved in the preparation of artist royalty statements on a bi-annual basis, as well as collecting and processing sales reports. You will need to be comfortable in dealing with large amounts of data, obsessed with accuracy and knowledgeable about the calculations behind music royalty payments.
You will also be a team-player, looking to problem solve or improve what we do internally and for our clients. We welcome ideas to refine our processes and collaborate with the wider team. You will also answer queries from artists and writers, so excellent interpersonal skills when representing Involved Group are a must!
In return, Involved Group offers generous company benefits, training subsidies and career growth for the right candidate.
We’re a passionate and dedicated team undergoing company expansion and growth – this is an exciting time to join our leading independent record labels as Royalties Manager for the next chapter.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the royalties function
- Maintaining all databases to the highest standard and detail
- Providing key analysis on global territories and revenue streams
- Offer measures to improve systems, processes and ensure procedures are efficient
- Working closely with the Senior Royalties Manager on ad-hoc projects
- Liaising with other departments to ensure accuracy of royalty reporting
- Experience with the production of recording royalty statements, dealing with large amounts of data and databases
- Experience with royalty accounting software and working in a multi-currency environment
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with our artists, writers and wider team
- Experience in a similar role in music, sport, media or similar industry essential
- Strong Excel skills essential
- Any accounting or finance qualifications would be an advantage
- Understanding of international withholding tax would be an advantage
- You love to keep abreast of global royalty practices, trends and news
- You enjoy working within a team of music lovers
- You relish the opportunity to work with artists and their management teams
- You love to problem solve and enjoy tight deadlines
- You love being highly organised and all over the details
- Competitive salary and profit share participation (paid three times per year);
- Minimum 20 days annual leave which increases with service, plus three days between Christmas & New Year;
- A creative, fun and sociable office environment;
- Gympass Silver membership;
- Premium subscription to CALM and Strava along with many other health apps;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
- Access to our UK events and shows;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Season ticket loan;
- Excellent development opportunities;
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Participation in our local community charity initiatives
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing Date Thursday 17th November, 2022
If you need to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at
email@example.com. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying. We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.