Royalties Assistant Manager
– Department Finance: Employment
– Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
– Minimum Experience: Experienced
– Compensation: Competitive / Depending on experience
– Location: Bermondsey, London (we are only accepting candidates from the UK for this role)
– Company: Involved Group – Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep and partner labels
ABOUT iNVOLVED GROUP
Based in Bermondsey, the Involved Group includes the globally renowned and successful independent dance and electronic labels Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep and the recently announced new label Reflections. The label business also distributes and provides label services for a number of labels including Ophelia (Seven Lions), This Never Happened (Lane 8) and 17 Steps (Dusky).
Involved Group is also home to Involved Publishing, a progressive independent music publisher and home to some of the most cutting edge producers, writers and artists from around the world, including Above & Beyond, Dusky, Lane 8, Seven Lions, CRi, Kyson, Robyn Sherwell, Yotto, Sophia Bel, Andrew Bayer, Yotto, amongst others and Involved Management.
Involved Group are looking for an experienced Royalty Assistant Manager to join our busy and growing Finance Team.
Reporting to our Royalty Manager, you will be involved in the preparation of artist royalty statements on a bi-annual basis, as well as collecting and processing sales reports. You will need to be comfortable in dealing with large amounts of data, obsessed with accuracy and knowledgeable about the mechanisms, structures and calculations behind music royalty payments.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the royalties function
- Maintaining all databases to the highest of standard and detail
- Providing key analysis on global territories and revenue streams
- Offer measures to improve systems, processes and ensure procedures are efficient
- Working closely with the Royalties Manager on ad-hoc projects
- Liaising with other departments to ensure accuracy of royalty reporting
- Experience with the production of recording royalty statements, dealing with large amounts of data and databases
- Experience with royalty accounting software and working in a multi-currency environment
- Experience and good understanding of international withholding tax
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with multiple parties across the whole industry, including booking agents, artist managers, accounts, promoters and artists
- Experience in a similar role in music, sport, media or similar industry essential
- Strong Excel skills essential
- Any accounting or finance qualifications would be an advantage
- You love to keep abreast of global royalty practices, trends and news
- You enjoy working within a team of music lovers
- You relish the opportunity to work with artists and their management teams
- You love to problem solve and enjoy tight deadlines
- You love being highly organised and all over the details
Closing Date Wednesday 28th September, 2022
If you need to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.