Based in Bermondsey, London and with an office in LA, Involved Group is home to iconic dance labels Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep as well as Involved Management and Involved Publishing.
Working alongside our brand gatekeepers, touring department and merchandise production partners you will consolidate and grow our successful, global e-commerce and Live Events business for our labels and key management artists. If you do not have specific experience in music, we’d be open to seeing applications from the retail fashion industry.
Your job will be to develop commercially viable strategies across our online merchandise store, online music store, touring merchandise operations and pop-up, brick-and-mortar retail stores. We work with several partners on merchandise production and fulfilment – you will use your expertise to deliver bottom line growth for our direct to customer business.
We have ambitious goals to create higher quality products that stay in wardrobes longer. Experience in or a demonstrated passion for sustainable production and a curiosity about the circular economy would be advantageous, as would knowledge of existing sustainable fashion schemes, certifications and standards.
- Overseeing production of all merchandise (clothing & accessories) working from pre-approved designs and concepts for Above & Beyond, Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep
- Keeping a tight hand on quality control of all products, ensuring every piece we sell adheres to our brand guidelines and strategy
- Drive our manufacturing partners and venue retailers, monitor stock levels and customer service channels
- Negotiate, develop and cultivate potential merchandise licensing partners and brand collaborations
- Advising design team on suitable materials, blanks, printing methods and manufacturing techniques
- Closely monitoring industry-wide trends around style, sustainability and online retail best practice
- Working with our partners to ensure stores are updated, re-stocked and optimised for conversion
- Maintain our seasonal release timeline and sales calendar
- Deliver commercially sound e-commerce strategies in collaboration with our marketing team
- Creating live analytics dashboards on Google Analytics for both our music and merchandise stores
- Ensuring pricing and stock control are regularly monitored
- Developing eCRM campaigns that drive customer retention and referral
- Creating and pricing product bundles that include merchandise, music and live tickets
- Monitoring catch-all emails and social media, escalating customer complaints to our partners as they come in
- Regularly refreshing our merchandise look-books, sourcing models and photographers
- Delivering sales, stock and profitability reporting to senior management
- Develop tour and event specific merchandise lines
- Developing a network of trusted and effective merchandise vendors for our global events
- In conjunction with our partners, create and update budgets and profit and loss statements for our events and tours
- Coordinate the shipping of merchandise to festivals and performance venues
- Sourcing quality local merchandise manufacturers for international festival events
- End to end project management of pop-up retail experiences in the UK, US and Australasia
- You have at least three years of hands-on experience in music merchandising or fashion retail
- Experience managing an online business
- An understanding of the music business: recordings, copyright, artist management, touring and live event operations
- A working knowledge of Shopify, Amazon, Ebay, Google Shopping and Facebook Marketplace
- An understanding of CRM methodology
- Keen eye for detail
- An intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics
- Confident extracting and presenting insights from large data sets
- An eye for quality apparel and interest in fashion trends is a big plus
- A team player who enjoys seeing others succeed
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing Date Friday 15th October, 2021
If you need to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at [email protected]. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying. We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.