Based in Bermondsey, London, Involved Publishing is an electronic and indie music publisher. We’re proud to represent cutting edge artists and songwriters from around the world, including Above & Beyond, Lane 8, Seven Lions, CRi, Kyson, Yotto, Dylan Matthew, Andrew Bayer, Yotto, and many more.
We need a person to join our fast growing music publishing company as Copyright Assistant. Focusing primarily on copyright management and administration, the person will also contribute to growing our sync and composition business.
Day-to-day tasks will include preparing our catalogue for registrations and sync pitching, assisting on sync pitches, market research, contributing to our social media, maintaining our website, and keeping our DISCO playlists and one-stop libraries up-to-date. You will also be working alongside Involved Group’s other thriving companies, which includes the record labels, Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, and our label service partners including This Never Happened, Ophelia Records and 17 Steps.
Who are we?
Home of Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, Involved was founded by Above & Beyond and James Grant nearly 20 years ago and represents a group of companies including Involved Management and Involved Publishing. Today, we’re a team of over 50 people across London and Los Angeles. Independent to the core, we love developing new musical talent and creating world-beating live events. We’re a close-knit, diverse family who enjoy experiencing music together. No matter what your background is, if you have a demonstrated passion for electronic music and an entrepreneurial spirit, we want to hear from you.
- Preparing and ensuring works are submitted for registration, and registered correctly at collection societies including post registration audits;
- Ensure that all queries are brought to a timely resolution, involving specialised teams as required;
- Assist the team administering our catalogue worldwide and act as our liaison between the UK-based team and our contact at Kobalt, and at societies worldwide;
- Build and maintain relationships with collection societies and music publishers and seek opportunities to bridge any knowledge gaps amongst the UK team, regarding all relevant areas of the music industry in the UK and worldwide;
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements;
- Managing and claiming usages of any represented assets. Proactively identify high-usage works and register them with our copyright team;
- Assist the wider organisation with queries regarding copyright matters;
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims;
- Collecting, preparing and submitting live performance returns for our writers;
- Assist with special projects initiated by the wider organisation, ensuring a qualitative and timely resolution of assigned project tasks;
- Above list is not exhaustive and there may be ad-hoc projects from the Head of Publishing.
Asset Management and Marketing Assistance
- Collecting and preparing audio assets on DISCO;
- Managing playlists on DISCO;
- Creating and scheduling music marketing mailers on DISCO;
- Overseeing day-to-day content for Social Media channels and Spotify Playlists;
- Overseeing content and maintenance of our website.
- Strong interest in music and an openness towards all musical genres;
- Preferred two years experience in Music Publishing;
- Track record of excellent attention to detail, and organization and prioritisation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining client relationships. The duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience;
- Preferred experience of working with multiple collection societies, including but not limited to PRS/MCPS, ASCAP, BMI etc. would be considered a plus
- High level of written and spoken English;
- Analytical skills as well as experience working with Excel;
- Proactive self-starter with a good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments;
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs suite;
- Design skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Web Design) would be considered a plus;
- Good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses.
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing Date Friday 2nd April, 2021
If you need to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at email@example.com. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying. We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.