Based in Bermondsey, London and with an office in Los Angeles, Involved Group is home to globally renowned record labels Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, as well as an artist management division Involved Management (whose roster includes Seven Lions, Dusky, Lane 8 and Spencer Brown) and Involved Publishing with over 2,000 copyrights.
This newly appointed role as Business Affairs Assistant will be reporting to and assisting the Managing Director and the Label and Publishing Managers. The role will provide every opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their commercial and legal skills in the music industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts including deal memos, songwriter agreements, exclusive recording contracts;
- Preparing or signing off on short form agreements for producers, videos, compilation releases, broadcasts, and sync licenses, including negotiating within prescribed limits;
- Coordinating signing and finalisation of agreements;
- General contracts administration and coordination, maintaining files.
A passion for dance music is a must.
The ideal candidate will have recently graduated and have:
- Excellent attention to detail and a proven track record in negotiating and concluding deals in a pressurised environment;
- A law degree or legal background;
- Working knowledge of music rights
- Excellent drafting skills, with a keen commercial mind;
- Experience (including Internship experience) of the music industry in a business affairs/legal capacity;
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business;
- The ability to work autonomously, think strategically and proactively;
- Strong administrative, time management, organisation and planning skills.
Involved GROUP is committed to equal opportunity in the workplace. We hire on merit and will not discriminate against age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org