Interstellar Music Services represents both recording and publishing catalogues on behalf of independent artists across a wide variety of genres, and we strive to add value to our clients’ businesses in a pro-active and fully transparent way. We never take ownership of creators’ rights and we pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of service to successful rightsowners.
Reporting to the CEO & COO, you will handle all day-to-day copyright and royalty administration – including registrations and reporting, metadata and royalty audits – and will be responsible for the department’s success. You will continuously develop and evolve company processes and systems, incorporating new tools and technologies where appropriate, to ensure that our clients catalogues are immaculately kept and maintained.
Main responsibilities will include
- Undertake music royalty audits of catalogues on behalf of clients.
- Analyze data to find underpayments of royalties and create claim schedules
- Review and summarize music industry contracts (recording, publishing, NR etc.)
- Download and summarize royalty statements
- Combine and format large electronic datasets
- Maintain organization of electronic files and folders
- Correspond with clients and audited companies
- Write audit reports for company leadership and clients
- Assist directors with special projects as needed
- Ensure that clients regularly receive comprehensive financial reporting
- Analyse settlements from DSPs for all digital music revenue
- Ensure accurate data is supplied on the monthly statements
- Reconciling revenue and liaising with finance.
- Address all client queries in relation to the monthly reporting for both revenue and costs
- Interpret contracts and statements and onboard new clients into the reporting and finance systems
- Ensure all revenue is allocated correctly to our clients
- Identifying areas for improvement in existing reporting process and streamlining overall output
- Register recordings and works (IP, ISRC, ISWC, and all other metadata)
- Register works with domestic and foreign Performing/Mechanical/Digital Rights Societies via CWR and other accepted formats
- Track Performing/Mechanical/Digital Rights Societies updates to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Research copyright inquiries and resolve counterclaims
- Prepare and issue label copy and publishing credits.
- Review and file Notices of Intent (NOI)
- Register works with the US Copyright Office
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role involving music royalty audits
- Experience reading and comprehending purchase, publishing, and administration agreements • Familiarity with PRS, PPL, MCPS, MLC, HFA, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, Soundexchange and other international music rights organisations.
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced MS Office and GSuite skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- Ability to grow within an expanding organisation
- Possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Understand basic mathematical and accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business or related field (preferred)
- A genuine interest in the music business and music royalties
- Be a self-motivated and detail-oriented analytical thinker
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Be eager to learn new skills and concepts
- Want to help creative independent artists
- Have an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exhibit attention to detail
- Be able to pick up new systems at ease
- Have impeccable people and communication skills
- Have excellent research and electronic search skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess familiarity with both Mac and Windows operating systems
Qualified and interested candidates should please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.