We are Interscope Geffen A&M, a renowned record label within Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses, primarily engaged in recorded music. We identify and develop recording artists where we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Interscope Geffen A&M’s Strategic Marketing is an integral division within the record label. The Director of Strategic Marketing will be tasked with creating and managing relationships with brands and agencies throughout the US (with particular emphasis in New York). The primary goal is to develop strategic marketing partnerships that provide ancillary marketing visibility and/or incremental revenue to the artist and label. The ideal candidate will have business development experience, a strong network within the brand and agency space, familiarity with the music industry, and a track record of building successful partnerships between talent and brands. And last but not least, an insatiable hustle and charisma.
How you will CREATE:
- Develop strategic marketing partnerships that mutually benefit both artist and brand
- Responsible for brand relationship development, strategic pitches, and campaign execution
- Collaborate with agency partners to define opportunities tailored to each artist opportunity
- Develop multi-artist partnership platforms that extend across a prolonged period of time and multitude of artists
- Create program P&L to maximize profitability and measure ROI
- Manage efforts between label counterparts and artist management teams to ensure optimal execution of programs
- Proactively communicate with brand, agency, property, and media to explore on going opportunities
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience in strategic/partnership marketing pertaining to music (or entertainment) industry
- Demonstrated experience in bringing concepts to life through written presentations
- Demonstrated success in driving the new business process from concept, sale, and execution
- Experience in media, entertainment, brand and/or agency industries required; music industry experience a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills: ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, will take initiative with new projects, with ability to make cold calls
- Professional demeanor in dealing with clients and co-workers
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with added benefit of Adobe software familiarity
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to travel as needed for partner meetings
- 4-year college degree
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays at employee’s discretion, Two (2) “Winter Breaks” during Winter Holidays, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law”
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.