ICE – Business Services Manager (DE)
ICE and its Role in the Music Industry
ICE is a purpose-driven organisation, founded by rightsholders, for rightsholders. We exist to support songwriters, enabling societies and publishers to accurately compensate them when their work is used internationally. We operate at the exciting intersection of technology, music, and data. Since our 2010 launch, we have paid more than €2.3 billion to rightsholders through deep expertise in Copyright, Processing and Licensing.
Our collaboration with stakeholders across the industry delivers best practice, new processes & innovative solutions for better royalty flows.
Strategic investment in technology enables us to process trillions of streams, to deliver the maximum revenue for rightsholders.
This Business Services Manager will co-ordinate and manage the business contribution to the products within ICE’s longest running and market-proven Copyright and Online service. They will act as the voice of the business and collaborate closely with Engineering and Product across all the Online and Copyright product teams.
ICE is currently investing in multi-million-euro transformations of product domains that will be ground-breaking and fundamentally change the way Copyright data and Online Processing is managed. This role will play a crucial part in making these products a success.
ICE is strongly committed to ensuring diversity, equality, and inclusion at all levels of its organisation and promotes an environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
This is a great opportunity to develop exceptional products for ICE’s Copyright and Online service and make a big difference to the music rights industry.
The Business Service Manager will contribute to the growth, innovation, and success of Online and Copyright products, covering the complete product lifecycle, from idea to launch, and then throughout its future growth.
Will be a major contributor to defining the vision and strategy for the domains.
Will be working in close partnership with the lead engineers and Product Manager to deliver on the product vision.
Will collating, define and communicate the needs of the business to the Product teams, and ensure that they are translated into features and strengths within the products.
Detailed responsibilities will include
- Jointly refining, clarifying, and prioritising items in the product backlog with the Product Manager and Product Owners
- Reviewing and approving the Product Roadmap for the Copyright and Online domain
- Communicating and promoting the Product Roadmap across the Copyright and Online business areas
- Generating and capturing ideas to enhance the Copyright and Online service, and being a key contributor in the product discovery process
- Identifying current and potential issues that impact Copyright Operations and seek solutions to mitigate the impact
- Scoping, prioritising, and coordinating Business Acceptance Testing for new or enhanced products
- Having the ability to assimilate information from diverse sources and quickly gain a detailed understanding of a subject area.
- Possessing excellent communication skills in both spoken and written form.
- Being highly organised and an effective planner.
- Possessing superb problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Having ability to form effective relationships with product team partners and stakeholders.
Desired Personality Traits
- Being intellectually curious, with the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new ideas and be able to use them to create opportunities or resolve problems.
- Having a hunger for gaining knowledge and seeking new ideas.
- Being innovative, intuitive, and creative; by thinking outside the box, proposing solutions which do not always fit the pattern of current approaches or practices.
- Being persistent when promoting new ideas, and not being afraid to push other in the business out of their comfort zone.
- Capable of learning from failed ideas, using that experience to create stronger products.
Experience and Skills Required
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience in the Copyright business.
- Strong Copyright knowledge and proven experience in managing and processing Copyright data.
- Experience in working with product teams and being part of a team developing software and technical solutions.
- Solid Excel skills and experience
- Experience in planning and managing tasks, must be comfortable working to deadlines.
- Proven experience in leading initiatives which involve multiple stakeholders
- Experienced in presenting ideas and results to internal and external audiences
- Flexible work culture with opportunities to work remotely.
- Competitive salary with an additional bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Up to 28 days holiday (excluding public holidays)
- A modern working space in an international environment
- Free drinks (e.g., Coffee, Tea)
- Free fruit on a regular basis
- BVG Ticket (AB)
- Study Support
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- Your current CV
- A cover letter to explain your interests in this role, how you would fulfil this role, and how you would achieve success
If you think that this role is one you where you could excel and bring success for ICE, then please submit your application as soon as possible (only online applications accepted).
Please include your earliest start date and salary expectations in the application.