The Music Administration Europe Co-Ordinator will support the Music Administration Europe, Sr Manager in all aspects of copyright and intellectual property for Integrity’s business in UK & Europe. This will include maintaining song copyright information in Music Maestro to ensure its accuracy and dealing with enquiries from performing rights organisations (PRO), collective management organisations (CMO) and European sub-publishers in relation to Integrity’s song catalogues. The role will also involve monitoring and reporting on the company’s revenue from song copyrights and intellectual property as well the opportunity to research, explore and facilitate new revenue streams by staying current with industry trends and attending industry meetings and events. Further, the role will provide support in processing publishing royalties for UK/European song royalties.
- Maintain the accuracy of song copyright and intellectual property information.
- Deal with enquiries about the company’s song catalogues and intellectual property rights.
- Research, explore and facilitate new revenue streams by staying current with industry trends and attending industry meetings and events.
- Monitor and report on revenue streams and assist in maintaining a tracking system to ensure all revenue is received on an accurate and timely basis.
- Become a Music Maestro expert by learning the system and being a knowledgeable resource for all users in answering questions and navigating the system to retrieve information and ensure the accuracy of data.
- Become an expert with Song Metric Data and consistently work to refine and improve the process.
- Develop and build relationships with representatives at the PROs, CMOs, CCLI, sub-publishers, etc. related to the song publishing catalogue.
- Provide song publishing royalty processing support as needed.
- Provide song publishing licensing support as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Comfortable working conditions, handling light weight, intermittent sitting, standing and walking.
- Detail-oriented work requiring mental acuity and accuracy
- Normal business hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) are typical but must have a willingness and flexibility to work during evenings and weekends if/when necessary.
- Working environment cubicle office and co-working spaces with some noise.
- Some may be travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. David C Cook is a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. As a result, the Company reserves the right to modify, delete or add job responsibilities, metrics and benchmarks as necessary to meet business needs. In addition, expectations of performance will be defined in regular performance discussions.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Formal Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Music Business, or related field. Will accept equivalent work experience.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years experience in music publishing, product licensing, copyrights, contracts, and royalties.
- Specialized Knowledge/Certification: A proven track record of success in understanding music business terms and conditions. Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements as well as the ability to contribute to negotiation strategies. Effective communicator both orally and in writing with strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills. Capable of multi-tasking and handling several assignments. Focus on responsiveness with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Equipment Knowledge: General office equipment, Mac/PC computers