Role: Neighbouring Rights Assistant
Reporting to: Neighbouring Rights Manager
Location: London SE1
What we do
[Integral] is the Artist and Label Services division of the [PIAS] Group, which also includes, [PIAS]’s own labels and [PIAS]’s roster of partner labels.
The [PIAS] Group champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem.
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care.
- To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
[Integral] is looking for a Neighbouring Rights Assistant to join the Neighbouring Rights team at their head office in Bermondsey.
The assistant’s main mission will be helping with repertoire metadata enhancement that will contribute to [Integral] onboarding the RDx portal for the supply and exchange of performance rights repertoire data. They will also assist the Neighbouring Rights team with general day-to-day business.
The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with big sets of data and have a strong attention to detail. They will be part of a team spread across London and Brussels.
- Working with [Integral]’s internal repertoire management system as well as collecting societies’ repertoire databases.
- Collating and preparing large repertoire datasets for QC analysis.
- Reviewing repertoire metadata and identifying information gaps.
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to obtain missing information as part of the data enrichment project.
- Reviewing and following up on repertoire double claims and disputes in different territories.
- Consulting legal databases and contracts to review and update rights information.
- Contacting external counterclaimants and collecting societies to resolve double claims.
- Taking on ad-hoc projects and tasks and supporting the wider Neighbouring Rights team.
- Assisting the Neighbouring Rights team in a wide range of data specific tasks.
Skills and experience
- An ability to work accurately under time pressure with a good eye for detail on multiple and diverse tasks.
- Previous experience dealing with repertoire metadata is advisable.
- Experience with CMO systems (PPL, SENA, etc.) is a bonus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and adaptability to deal with all staff at the highest and lowest levels, internal and external.
- An ability to take direction and follow procedures, but also to work independently and own tasks.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Able to build rapport at all levels of the business
- An ability to be personally accountable for achieving individual and shared goals.
- Keenness to learn
- Organised, efficient and effective
- You have a can-do attitude, and are always willing to find solutions and new ways to improve
- You are a great team player and actively contribute to the team spirit
- Passionate about music
[Integral] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.