Role: Metadata Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Repertoire Operations
Location: London – London Bridge
What we do
[Integral] is the music distribution and services division of [PIAS]. [Integral] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, the [PIAS] group operates across 16 offices around the globe to develop, build and leverage on local partnerships to increase exposure and routes to market for the repertoire, labels, and artists we work alongside.
Reporting directly to the Head of Repertoire Operations, this is a key position within the repertoire operations team, interacting with both internal and external clients to ensure the accurate and efficient ingestion of all new release metadata. The position requires a keen attention to detail, willingness to learn, strong organizational ability, and a demonstrable understanding of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel. The successful applicant will be a good communicator together with having an enthusiasm for music and service minded.
This entry level position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to get a broad understanding of the core operations of the company and is likely to evolve to cover wider aspects of the supply chain over time in line with planned process and system enhancements. The experience gained can serve well for a potential career within the [PIAS] Group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Data Preparation and Quality Control – checking and preparing metadata submissions from label clients and ingesting metadata into [PIAS] Repertoire Management System
- Processing metadata amendments/corrections as required
- Working with label partners to encourage adoption of best practice metadata standards
- Contributing to projects to enhance and improve metadata quality
- Preparing metadata for catalogue integrations
- Supporting other Repertoire Operations processes as required
- Contributing ideas for system and process improvements
Skills and Experience
- Willingness to work in a role where a high degree of attention to detail/accuracy is required
- Ability to learn, interpret and apply detailed rules required for the formatting of metadata
- Methodical approach to work and experience of having to deliver to deadlines
- Keenness to learn new systems quickly and ability to work autonomously
- Excel proficiency essential
- Excellent communication skills – both online and via telephone
- Being organized and demonstrating an affinity with problem solving
- Experience of working with music metadata in a previous role an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Classical metadata requirements in line with key DSP style guides a distinct advantage or a willingness to gain expertise in this area
- Strong passion and knowledge of music
- Gravitas and integrity, taking initiative and capitalising on opportunities
- Works to build up credibility and rapport across all levels of the business
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.