Role: Director of Digital, [Integral]
Reporting to: Managing Director, [Integral]
Location: London, with regular international travel
What we do
[Integral] is the music distribution and services division of [PIAS]. [Integral] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, the [PIAS] group operates across 16 offices around the globe to develop, build and leverage on local partnerships to increase exposure and routes to market for the repertoire, labels, and artists we work alongside.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread awareness of the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and build success.
- To strive to deliver value to our repertoire and customer partners and continuously challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a leading role in the continuous development of [Integral]’s digital business worldwide.
- Joining the group wide [Integral] team to drive commercial and business development relationships with DSP and other digital partners on a global basis.
- Own the negotiation and renewal of commercial terms with global and local DSP partners.
- Work with [Integral] Managing Director and other senior colleagues around the world to refine and develop our digital service to label partners and customers.
- Manage colleagues in the central digital team, including Digital Channel Managers and International Digital Manager.
- Be a senior and trusted digital expert for colleagues and partners globally
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the negotiation of commercial terms with DSP partners around the world.
- Work with [Integral] Business Affairs and Managing Director to finalise papering of commercial agreements.
- Introducing DSP product and feature developments to colleagues and teams around the world engaged in both label and DSP partner outreach.
- Manage business reviews with DSP partners, working with colleagues to ensure best practice and timely response to DSP operational and commercial developments.
- Working alongside senior territory colleagues around the world to disseminate knowledge, expertise and opportunities relating to DSP partners.
- Manage and mentor digital team members and support senior territory managers in developing local digital expertise and opportunities.
- Work closely with our Director of Insight to inform commercial relationships, business development and identify opportunity for growth.
- Support colleagues engaged in business development and acquisition in demonstrating high levels of digital expertise held across the [Integral] service.
- Maintain, refine and build our commercial relationships with DSP partners, identifying opportunities and initiatives that grow audiences and revenues for the labels and repertoire we represent.
- Maintain and develop trusted relationships with DSP partners.
- Drive direct commercial terms with DSP partners and secure best available terms.
- Identify and seek out new digital business partnerships on a global basis.
- Work alongside senior colleagues to refine and develop digital expertise, strategy, expertise and resource across our global offices, territories and teams.
- Inform and deliver internal reports to [PIAS] board and other senior stakeholders.
- Combine with senior operational colleagues to ensure smooth supply and integration of new services and features.
- Actively seek out current and future service, market and digital developments
- Relentlessly seek to deliver value to our label and DSP partners
Skills, Experience and Personal attributes:
- Trusted, experienced and respected digital native with proven commercial negotiation skills and senior DSP contacts around the world.
- Significant demonstrable experience and understanding of digital commercial rights negotiations at a senior level.
- Passionate, positive and proactive approach – demonstrating gravitas and integrity with a commitment to securing the best terms and opportunities available for our label and repertoire partners.
- International experience and outlook with a global vision and contact network
- Personable and engaging – confident in presenting, communicating and evangelising opportunities to repertoire and DSP partners.
- Excellent communication and networking skills with an appreciation of international cultural nuances
- Confident public speaker, seasoned conference attendee and networker
- Thrive on building expertise, teams and success, taking personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals.
[PIAS] and [Integral] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity in all its forms and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Applications to be send to [email protected] with the job title in the subject.