Role: Commercial Manager – Digital
Reporting to: General Manager, [Integral] US
Location: Los Angeles
What we do
[Integral] is the label and artist distribution and services division of [PIAS]. It operates on a global basis with offices and teams around the world. [PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network.
What you’ll be doing
- Day to day contact with our North American DSPs partners. Working closely with digital colleagues and our repertoire partners to deliver value through best-in-class expertise to both DSPs and our labels.
- Ensuring good practice, delivering unique initiatives, advising clients with innovative, creative and strategic thinking.
- Work collaboratively with [Integral]’s commercial and label management teams, the global digital team, our audience development teams and both our inhouse and partner labels teams to drive discovery, consumption and revenue growth.
- Clearly communicate strategies, marketing initiatives and routes to market with a focus on partnerships at the DSPs
- Lean-in to campaigns and contribute early by bringing repertoire partners and DSPs into campaign/artist development at the earliest stages. Giving clarity on artist positioning, target audiences, mood/aesthetics, key campaign timing, release strategies, highlights and goals.
- Communicate and build continuous understanding of market developments, opportunities, and initiatives across the DSPs across colleagues and partners.
- Effective, efficient and timely completion of necessary pitch documentation – early, relevant, exciting, concise and detailed.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on account management across a range of key DSP partners (including but not limited to Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, Meta, TikTok and Soundcloud) working to build strong relationships with the label relations, editorial and marketing teams at each. Familiarity and confidence with DSPs working practices and back-end analytic and pitching processes.
- Regular meetings with all DSPs to present repertoire and discuss audience development, marketing initiatives and campaign partnerships
- Creating and updating assets to be shared with DSPs and internally throughout a campaign’s lifecycle
- Regular meetings with both inhouse and out-of-house label teams and managers to provide guidance and commercial strategy across the DSP ecosystem
- Monitoring charts and developments across the digital landscape daily
- Using the [Integral] Portal, DSP analytics tools, and [Integral]’s own internal data sources to track performance, spot trends early and amplify
- Preparing for and contributing to label and campaign strategy meetings
- Communicate internally and externally on US based DSP campaign initiatives, successes and developments
Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to nurture partnerships and relationships
- Pro-active in all thinking – initiative driven
- Commercially minded
- Market aware
- Team first mentality
- Strength and affinity with at insight data and analytics
- Productive, organised and a problem solver
- An understanding of international the wider digital music landscape partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Enthusiastic, organized and confident communicator
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalizes on opportunity
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.