Role: Commercial Manager – Digital
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[Integral] is the distribution and services division of [PIAS]. It operates on a global basis with offices and teams around the world. [PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
The primary contact for UK DSPs and partner labels/clients working within the UK Digital commercial team. Working closely with the Head of Commercial and our internal digital teams to deliver value through ‘best in class’ expertise and services to both DSPs and our partner label/artists/management companies. Ensuring good practice, delivering unique initiatives, advising clients with innovative, creative and strategic thinking.
- Working collaboratively with [Integral]’s commercial and label management teams, the global digital team, the audience development team and our inhouse and partner labels teams to drive audience development, consumption and revenue growth.
- Clearly communicating strategies, marketing initiatives and routes to market with a focus on partnerships at the DSPs
- Lean-in to campaigns and contribute early by bringing repertoire partners and DSPs into campaign/artist development at the earliest stages. Giving clarity on artist positioning, target audiences, mood/aesthetics, key campaign timing, focus track strategies, highlights and goals.
- Communicating and building better understanding of current market developments, opportunities, and initiatives across the DSPs.
- Effective, efficient and timely completion of necessary pitch documentation – early, relevant, exciting, concise and detailed
Key responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on account management across a range of key DSP partners (including but not limited to Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, Meta, TikTok and Soundcloud) working to build strong relationships with the label relations, editorial and marketing teams at each. Familiarity and confidence with DSPs working practices and back-end analytic and pitching processes.
- Regular meetings with all DSPs to present repertoire and discuss audience development, marketing initiatives and campaign partnerships
- Creating and updating assets to be shared with DSPs and internally throughout a campaign’s lifecycle
- Regular meetings with both inhouse and out-of-house label teams and managers to provide guidance and commercial strategy across the DSP ecosystem
- Monitoring charts and developments across the digital landscape daily
- Using the [Integral] Portal, DSP analytics tools, Chartmetric and [Integral]’s own internal data sources to track performance, spot viral trends early and amplify
- Preparing for and hosting the digital teams weekly pitching meeting and communicating the list of commercial priorities for internal review
- Compiling the [Integral] weekly track pitch newsletter and sharing internally and externally.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to nurture partnerships and relationships
- Pro-active in all thinking
- Commercially minded
- Market aware
- Team first mentality
- Strong at business analytics
- Productive, organised and a problem solver
- An understanding of international sales and partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Enthusiastic, organized and confident communicator
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalizes on opportunity
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.