Instrumental is a fast-growth data driven record label using technology to discover and connect with emerging musical talent on a global scale. Instrumental is backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading digital venture builder.
Now is a great time to join a fast-growing, well-backed venture. We are looking to make big waves in this industry and we want talented, interesting people to join us on the journey
Due to expansion, we are currently seeking a commercial lawyer to join our team. As well as providing general business and legal affairs support, the role will cover responsibility for typical music agreements covering distribution, licensing of master use rights and publishing.
Job Title: Head of Business Affairs
- Work with the frtyfve record label A&R team to draft contracts to send out to lawyers/managers/artists
- Negotiate key general business contracts, taking contracts from initial stages through to completion in an effective commercial manner
- Build strong relationships with artists, external lawyers, management companies and independent labels
- Keep up to date with current and future trends in music, music business, digital trends & pop culture which you think could be beneficial for the label and our artists.
Must have skills:
- A good knowledge and understanding of music industry law 3 years minimum experience
- Proactive cooperative straight forward approach
- Confident in meeting, communicating and pitching frtyfve & opportunities to potential partners
- Confident in working alone and within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong sense of team spirit, to support colleagues and partners
Nice to have:
- Experience of using Hubspot
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send C.V. and covering letter to [email protected]