inside/out is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and energetic publicist to join our team. A minimum of two years experience is needed with a strong interest in music and the wider entertainment industry. Experience in all forms of UK media will be key to success. Reporting to the Head of Publicity, this role will involve running creative publicity campaigns across entertainment, music and events, and supporting the Directors and fellow Publicists.
inside/out is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Key responsibilities and duties
- To develop, outline and implement creative multimedia PR campaigns – integrating digital, print, video and social platforms
- To attend relevant artist events including performances, meetings and promo for artists across the company roster
- To attend and work across festivals and events as required
- To manage and support team members and assist Junior members in campaign planning and strategy
- To attend potential client meetings, preparing proposals, pitches and presentations
- To continue to develop and strengthen relationships with labels, managers and prospective clients to continue winning new business
- To write and distribute press releases
- To effectively report on campaigns according the standard company protocol
- To monitor and report any new tools which may benefit the company or artists
- To efficiently execute the distribution of promotional materials
- To oversee, manage and mentor Juniors, Assistants and Interns as required
- To network at and attend events relevant to company growth and new business
- To maintain awareness of industry news and developments as well as broader social current affairs
- A passion and enthusiasm for popular music across all genres
- A minimum of two years experience with a strong interest in music and the wider entertainment industry.
- Experience of managing creative and dynamic PR campaigns from inception to delivery, with proven creativity, showing evidence of trying out new ideas and approaches to reach audiences
- The ability to think creatively across all media formats to create dynamic, cohesive campaigns
- A strong UK industry-wide contacts book taking in media, management, labels and influencers
- A good understanding of how to write effective press releases
- Strong relationships with contacts across all areas of arts, style, fashion and news media for print, digital, audio, video, podcasts and content creation in the UK
- Contacts in and understanding of the music industry outside the UK including media, management, labels
- Crisis and issues management knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritise busy workloads
- A passion for reaching new audiences using new techniques and creative ideas
Chloe Melick and Adrian Read launched inside/out in 2012. Two of the most experienced cross platform publicists in the UK, they have a wealth of experience working across the entertainment industry on a diverse range of artists, events and brands. inside/out has grown into the UK’s leading independent music publicity agency, with a 10-strong team working across groundbreaking artist and event campaigns.
In recent years inside/out has managed publicity campaigns for the biggest selling UK artist album of the year from George Ezra; the UK number 1 single and albums by Lady Gaga, Chromatica and A Star Is Born; the Mercury Music Prize winners Wolf Alice and alt-J; the Mercury Prize-nominated album and best selling autobiography by Lily Allen; the Mercury Prize-nominated album by Anna Meredith; the BRIT-nominated Guardian & Independent album of the year by Christine and the Queens; and the acclaimed return of Robyn – a top 5 LP everywhere from the Guardian to Q to Dazed. Other artists include Beabadoobee, CHVRCHES, Stefflon Don, dodie, Izzy Bizu, The Japanese House, MØ, Bloc Party, Kelis, Mogwai, ASHNIKKO, Rejjie Snow and Yves Tumor.
Alongside its award-winning artist campaigns, the agency has worked on projects for clients including Fender, Playstation, Green Man Festival, Latitude Festival, the NME and AIM Awards, and Somerset House Studios, as well as artist-adjacent campaigns including Robyn’s Bjorn Borg clothing range; Lily Allen’s #1 selling book; Yung Lean and the Sad Boys various fashion collaborations; WARP’s 30th Anniversary; Lady Gaga and her HAUS Labs beauty range; George Ezra’s podcasts and Mind charity events; and more.
inside/out has been shortlisted for the Music Week Award for PR Campaign in 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019. The agency has previously won two Record of the Day Awards – for Best PR Campaign For A Breakthrough Act and Best Independent PR Person – and came runner up as Best Independent PR Company.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]