Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Ingrooves Music Group, a leader in the independent music distribution and marketing industry, provides independent labels, established artists and other content owners with the most transparent and scalable distribution tools including analytics, rights management services, and thoughtful marketing solutions to maximize sales in today’s dynamic global marketplace.
The position of Manager, Label and Artist Partnerships is primarily focused on growing the client base for the distribution service, identifying new business targets and creating new label partner opportunities, as well as maintaining and retaining those relationships.
The successful candidate will have a strong passion and knowledge of music and pop culture with an excitement for independent label and artist development along with the ability to meet specific financial targets and create and maintain plans to hit those targets.
You need to be a creative strategist who possesses a strong understanding of the opportunities and competition in the marketplace. The successful candidate will also introduce the Company’s new service offerings to potential and existing clients. The role will also have a strategic focus, which will sit alongside the overall company direction.
The B Side
Identify and assess potential new label and artist partners through various efforts (online research, data and analytics, conventions/conferences/festivals, monitoring of the competitive landscape)
- Reach specified financial targets through acquiring new business and retaining deals brought in
- Create and maintain target lists and present status updates on a regular basis
- Collaborate and maintain marketing/PR tools
- Monitor the progress of signed deals to forecast; communicate with senior staff on performance of actuals vs. forecast
- Anticipate deal expirations and ensure appropriate lead time to extend or terminate relationship
- Support Finance in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast process
- Maintain all client and deal data via in house CRM
- Work with Finance team to evaluate the economics of potential deals to ensure it meets Company’s fiscal requirements
- Work with Managing Director, international offices and Business affairs present and negotiate deal terms with potential clients
- Work with Business & Legal Affairs to execute contracts
- Primary liaison with potential clients until onboarding process has been complete; interface with Label Development, Commercial Strategy and Operations teams to ensure seamless transition
- Demo all internal tools to potential labels/artists
- Brand Ambassador
- Significant experience in relationship management, A&R, or business development
- Demonstrated results in development and execution of strategy to build and maintain successful business partnerships
- Wide range of contacts in the independent artist, label and management community
- Overall knowledge of labels, artists and musical trends in the marketplace
- Passionate about independent music across multiple genres
- In depth knowledge of the competitive marketplace
- Strong proficiency in Excel and ability to analyze and draw projections and conclusions from data
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and the ability to present conclusions to Executive team and external audiences
- Detailed knowledge of entertainment, new digital trends and technologies
- Knowledge of physical production, physical and digital distribution
- Salesforce proficiency a plus
- Must possess excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Understanding of legal contracts and contractual process
- Strong team player, but also able to operate and make decisions independently
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.