Ingrooves Music Group is hiring for a Label Development Manager to focus on the development of key US based record labels, based in Los Angeles.
Reporting to the SVP, Label Development, the position will manage the day to day activities for distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content.
A successful candidate will have a strong passion and knowledge of music and pop culture with an excitement for independent label and artist development.
They need to be a creative strategist who possess a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape.
Preferably, they have experience with metadata best practices and have solid technical capabilities.
What does it take to be successful at Ingrooves?
- Passion. For music. For technology that supports music. For making things happen. For collaborating.
- Business acumen. The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solutions-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
- Interpersonal/communication skills. Being open minded with a natural curiosity of internal and external customers, product oriented with an understanding of the development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Executing for results. Demonstrate an ability to generate strategy, develop strategic planning, and translate into actionable plans with timely execution and accountability.
- Leadership/collaboration. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
- Problem solving, self-motivated with a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing solutions. Demonstrates eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
Role responsibilities include:
- Managing the day to day relationships with US based label partners acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests
- Work with the SVP, Label Development and Label Development team to strategize on growth of US based music content on a global level
- Managing, organizing, and overseeing label and release presentations
- Manage label partners’ priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns
- Ensure the Global Sales and Engagement departments have all the assets and drivers necessary to properly solicit and market priority releases and provide appropriate cross-territory support
- Work to develop a strategic partnership with the US based labels to help guide label level distribution strategy
- Liaise with all internal departments including sales strategy, engagement, video, operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
- Manage assigned label’s physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
- Drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the label roster
- Lead in business reviews with priority US label partners
- 3 – 5 years’ experience within a label, distribution or management company working with labels, managers and artists
- Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres of music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
- Extensive knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
- Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability — always with a professional demeanor
- Articulate in written and oral communication
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
- Experience with digital and physical retail distribution
- Working knowledge of physical production and the physical retail landscape
- International music business experience a plus