Join the Ingrooves team!
We are Ingrooves, a global distributor and a part of Universal Music Group. We work to build artists’ global audience and grow their business while maintaining complete control of their art with Ingrooves’ unique set of distribution and digital marketing services. We use a blend of technology, insights, and highly skilled music experts to help artist connect with fans around the world.
We work with an array of amazing independent Australian and international artists and labels such as Dirty Hit, New Levels, Onelove, Big Hit, Young Art Records, Commonfolk Records, PC Music, Rostrum Records, 777 Music and more.
Our integrated global music team collaborates on commercial and marketing strategy, while providing a comprehensive suite of services, actionable data-driven insights, and patented marketing solutions. We are passionate about empowering independent labels and artists to grow their businesses and thrive in the global music industry.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Label & Business Development, the position of Manager, Label & Business Development will focus on developing Ingrooves’ business, working across existing label partners, new business targets and opportunities, and key specialist digital account relationships.
- This position will work closely with our label partners, managing the day-to-day activities to promote, develop and strategize artist releases distributed through Ingrooves.
- The successful candidate will have strong interest in and knowledge of independent music and culture with a passion for label and artist development.
- The role requires a creative strategist who possesses a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with key label partners in Australia and New Zealand, acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing their labels’ interests
- Identify and create new label partner opportunities. Work with Business Development team to target, approach and negotiate new deals
- Manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Liaise with our international departments including marketing, video, operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
- Be an expert resource and provide account and industry insight and updates to Ingrooves and our label partners
- 3+ years of experience within a label, distribution, DSP, A&R or management company working with labels, managers and artists (preferred)
- Passionate about music discovery and a fan of independent music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
- Knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
- Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
- Organised project manager with the ability to adapt to labels’ and artists’ individual needs
- Proven business development and relationship management track record
- Experience with top digital music services, social media platforms, and digital music best practices
- Experience with digital and physical retail distribution is a plus
Female and non-binary identifying, First Nations people, POC, LGBTQIA+, persons with disabilities, and members of other marginalised communities are strongly encouraged to apply even if you don’t have exactly all the required experience. We want to foster a more diverse music industry and if you secure the role, we’ll provide ongoing training, support, and development for you to succeed within the role at Ingrooves. If you’re passionate about music and feel like you have transferrable skills that could match the job profile, please don’t hesitate to apply.