INgrooves Music Group is seeking a Manager, Label & Business Development to focus on developing its key independent label partners, and identifying potential new business targets and opportunities.
The role can be based in Berlin or London, and reports to the SVP, Label & Business Development.
This position will manage the day to day activities for a roster of distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest and knowledge of independent music and culture with a passion for label and artist development.
The role requires a creative strategist who possess a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape. Preferably, they will have experience with metadata best practices, and have solid technical capabilities.
- Manage the day to day relationships with key label partners, acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing their labels’ interests
- Identify and create new label/ content partner opportunities in the independent space. Work with the Business Development team to target, approach and negotiate new deals
- Work with the Head of Global Sales Strategy, the Head of Label Development, and the Head of Business Development to strategize on growth of Ingrooves’ partners’ music content on a global level
- Manage, organize and oversee label and release presentations
- Manage label partners’ priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns
- Ensure the Global Sales Strategy and Engagement departments have all the assets and drivers necessary to properly solicit and market priority releases and provide appropriate support in the region
- Work to develop a strategic partnership with labels to help guide label level distribution strategy
- Liaise with all internal departments including sales strategy, engagement, video, operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
- Manage assigned label’s physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
- Drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the client base
- Provide account and industry insights and updates to Ingrooves and our Label Partners in a timely manner – be an expert resource in the genre
- 3+ years’ experience within a label, distribution, DSP or management company working with independent labels, managers and artists
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music, with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
- Extensive knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
- Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
- Proven business development and relationship management track record
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional demeanor
- Articulate in written and oral communication
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
- Experience with digital and physical retail distribution
- International music business experience a plus
- Proficiency in multiple languages preferred
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience/ knowledge of Salesforce/ CRM tools a plus
- Accountable and responsive
- Organized and thorough
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
What does it take to be successful at Ingrooves
For Music. For technology that supports music. For making things happen. For collaborating.
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solutions-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
The successful candidate will be open minded with a natural curiosity of internal and external customers, product oriented with an understanding of the development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to generate strategy, develop strategic planning, and translate into actionable plans with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing solutions. Demonstrates eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.