Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com.
Job title: Manager, Digital Accounts
Responsible to: Director Digital Commercial Strategy
Location of work: The Loom, Whitechapel
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Ingrooves Music Group is a leading global music distribution and marketing company, led by a global team of music experts, who provide a powerful technology framework for labels and artists, giving them transparent, scalable distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize sales in today’s dynamic digital music marketplace.
The position of Digital Account Manager is responsible for overseeing and driving Ingrooves’ revenue growth strategy with commercial partners, including YouTube Music, across multiple territories. The successful candidate will articulate and present strong knowledge of music consumption trends across various territories.
They will guide our label partners and internal teams on how best to market and monetize content with their assigned commercial partners. They are comfortable and knowledgeable discussing music, industry developments, as well as analytics.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Maintain and communicate understanding of marketing opportunities, systems and strategies of assigned partners.
- Support the wider commercial team by creating department relevant resources, managing release schedules and internal documents.
- Create and present regular business reviews and growth plans for partners and prepare strategy plans for management team.
- Develop and implement plans for key labels and projects to increase revenue from catalogue.
- Partner with labels and label managers on promotion of new release and catalogue digital content.
- Manage and grow relationships with marketing, editorial, operations and management contacts of assigned partners.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on most current practices and strategies.
- Participate in team events, informational sessions, gigs and meetings.
- Use insights and analytics from varied sources to discover and present opportunities to increase revenue, work cross-departmentally to action priorities from outside home markets
- Account Management experience
- Collaborative, resourceful, positive and organized
- Exceptional communication skills including public speaking and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge and understanding of digital entertainment marketplace, industry trends, competitive landscape, differences among markets
- Experience sourcing, interpreting and presenting industry insights and analytics in the sales process
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a project deadline environment
- Knowledge of digital distribution process and managing lead-times
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A passion for all kinds of music, and passion for discovering what moves people to listen.
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable.
However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop.
Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.