It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Ingrooves Label Managers manage the day-to-day activities for our distributed labels, guiding them with strategy, tactics and technical knowledge as they develop artists and monetize their distributed music and video content. A successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the opportunities in the digital music marketplace, exceptional communication and organizational skills, an understanding of the operational aspects of digital music distribution, and passion for music, pop culture and technology and the way they all work together.
This is a 12-month maternity cover role for 2022, based in the Ingrooves offices in London.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Manage label partners’ priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Manage labels’ physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
- Drive partner engagement with Ingrooves’ platforms and services, providing guidance and feedback
- Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns and comfortably use internal and external data sources to explain results to artists, labels and managers, and help create action plans from the results
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with label partners acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing assigned labels’ interests
- Liaise with all internal departments including commercial strategy, marketing, catalog, video, platform operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
- In collaboration with the Commercial Strategy Team, create and coordinate effective marketing strategies to drive DSP conversations internally and externally
- Maintain regular productive communication with assigned partners
- Proven track record of experience within a distribution, label, management or music company working directly with labels, managers and artists
- Passion for music, artists, culture and technology
- Understanding of digital distribution, including digital marketing, operations and metadata requirements
- Confidence with data and evolving technology, and explaining their role in driving music consumption to internal and external partners
- Current industry network and relationships in the independent music industry and/or digital platforms
- Customer service and teamwork oriented, with ability to monitor and develop productive relationships
- Problem solver, calm under pressure, highly organized
- Highly effective communicator, skilled at building and delivering successful presentations, both oral and visual
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.