Ingrooves Music Group is looking for a Label Development Manager to focus on the development of Nordic based record labels, based at its Oslo office.
This position will manage the day to day activities for distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content.
A successful candidate will have a strong passion and knowledge of music and pop culture with an excitement for independent label and artist development.
They need to be a creative strategist who possess a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape.
Preferably, they have experience with metadata best practices and have solid technical capabilities.
- Manage the day to day relationships with Nordic based label partners acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests
- Work with the Label Development team to strategize on growth of Nordic based music content on a global level
- Managing, organizing and overseeing label and release presentations
- Manage label partners’ priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns
- Ensure the Global Sales Strategy and Engagement departments have all the assets and drivers necessary to properly solicit and market priority releases and provide appropriate cross-territory support
- Work to develop a strategic partnership with the Nordic based labels to help guide label level distribution strategy
- Liaise with all internal departments including sales strategy, engagement, video, operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
- Manage assigned label’s physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
- Drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the label roster.
- Lead in business reviews with priority Nordic label partners
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience within a label, distribution or management company working with labels, managers and artists
- Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres of music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
- Extensive knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
- Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional demeanor
- Articulate in written and oral communication in Norwegian and English
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
- International music business experience a plus
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we are proudly indie! Work hard, play hard, flexible time off, offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin, Oslo, Victoria, Melbourne, Jakarta. Ingrooves is the place to work!