It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Ingrooves Music Group, a leader in the independent music distribution and marketing industry, provides independent labels, established artists and other content owners with the most transparent and scalable distribution tools including analytics, rights management services, and thoughtful marketing solutions to maximize sales in today’s dynamic global marketplace.
The position of Content Manager, Europe is part of the Label Development Team and works closely with the team of Label Development Managers and Platform Operations Support Teams. The Content Manager will manage the day to day interactions and release management for a large and diverse group of Ingrooves label partners, with a significant focus on communication, follow-through, customer service and problem-solving.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Manage content, metadata and related issues
- Set up releases and develop solutions around day to day operational and content management topics
- Educate Labels, Artists and their teams about industry best practices, DSP best practices, release scheduling, release management and more
- Coordinate the onboarding of new Label and Artist Partners
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned Label and Artist Partners
- Train new and existing Label and Artist Partners on Ingrooves systems, tools and processes
- Provide input for implementation of new partner-facing tools to launch
- Genuine passion for independent music across multiple genres
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional demeanor
- Experience in a customer support role, ideally within a distribution or music company
- Knowledge of FTP, web browsers and standard web application interfaces across multiple operating systems (PC, Mac and Linux).
- Working knowledge of XML and basic knowledge of Excel and Google Documents/Drive
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and a large workload in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, solution oriented
- Extensive knowledge of the digital distribution space, with prior experience using digital services and their Content Management Systems
- Experience using Zendesk or other ticketing systems a plus
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Languages: English. Other European or Asian languages a plus
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.