Music is Universal. It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com.
Job title: Business Coordinator
Responsible to: Managing Director, UK
Location of work: The Loom, Aldgate
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The position of Business Coordinator will provide support for the senior management and business teams in the UK and other ex US offices and be responsible for general administration and maintaining the overall effective running of the Ingrooves’ London office, based in Whitechapel.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Working with the Managing Director and senior management, take responsibility for day to day running of the office, and ensure a safe and dynamic working environment are maintained
- Coordinating daily administrative functions in support of London team, and remote support to ex UK /North America teams as required
- Manage administration of office and staff expenses
- Coordinate travel administration and budgeting with travel agency
- Be Collaborative
- Support for senior management and business teams in preparation, scheduling and minuting of internal and external meetings
- Working with the Label & Artist Partnerships team to coordinate and organize activity: creating presentations, meeting scheduling and agendas
- Assisting in the planning/ scheduling of Ingrooves’ presence at events and conferences; coordinating between Label & Artist Partnerships team, and Communications/ Marketing team; creating and maintaining planning documents.
- Provide general local support to UMG HR team: staff inductions, staff events, holiday /absence scheduling, and ensure the general wellbeing of the office
- Act as operational contact (to UMG Facilities and administration teams, landlord, employees, suppliers, etc) for all issues related to the office and its facilities and ensure that they are dealt with in a timely manner
Person Specification / Necessary
- Passionate about new music discovery
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Well-organised, personable, proactive
- Great attention to detail with a positive attitude and thoroughness on all projects
- Great team player but can also work well independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interface with various levels of people and take direction from multiple contacts
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to maintain accuracy under pressure, have strong attention to detail and be able to prioritize workload
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.