Inertia, part of the [PIAS] Group is searching for a Label Group Director with a primary focus on leading the Inertia Music and [PIAS] Label Group team, planning and executing goal orientated campaigns for Inertia and [PIAS] artists. The ideal candidate will be passionate about independent music, have extensive artist marketing experience and a proven track record of leading a successful team.
- Manage day to day the marketing and promotion teams including chairing meetings, setting priorities, managing workload, driving results and ensuring project milestones and goals are met within time and on budget
- Lead the team creating dynamic and engaging release plans and goal orientated marketing and PR campaigns that deliver success
- Maintain strong relationships and work closely with artist and label partners on release planning and artist development
- Maximize the use of research, data and insights to create custom strategies
- Work with the digital, retail and direct to consumer departments to ensure results driven, innovative commercial campaigns and partnerships
- Communicate and provide regular detailed campaign reporting, insights and metrics to key internal and external stakeholders
- Drive efficient communication and best practices, setting and attaining department goals and developing team skills and knowledge across the company
- At all times promote the company’s artist friendly culture, fostering a climate that encourages creativity and maintains the highest standards of service to the organisation’s artists and labels
- As a member of the leadership team, contribute to the development, communication and implementation of the company’s guiding principles and strategic plan
- Attend showcases, live gigs, launches and industry functions outside of normal work hours
- Act as a primary company representative participating in industry events and conferences promoting the company
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven success leading and working within a team environment in the music industry
- Highly skilled in consumer marketing and artist development for alternative music
- Expert knowledge of the music consumption eco-system including digital, retail, D2C
- Digital native with high appreciation of consumer marketing and artist development
- High level management of multiple campaign activities and budgets
- Ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas
- Ability to build strong relationships with artists and artist managers
- Strong coordination skills and drive : ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams
- Extremely organised, ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a team environment
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Teams & Office Suite
- Passion for independent music
- Diplomacy, gravitas and integrity
- Forward thinking, adaptable and resilient
- Quality orientated, committed to excellence
- Motivated, organised, efficient and highly effective
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and travel internationally
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.
International applications will only be reviewed if the candidate can legally work in Australia.
Inertia and [PIAS] are equal opportunities employers. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.