Job Title: Head of Sync & Licensing
Company: Ineffable Music Group
Location: San Francisco Bay Area (or remote)
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Sync & Licensing to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the sync licensing efforts for our company and driving the growth of our sync licensing revenue. We are looking for someone independent and entrepreneurial minded to craft a sync department at one of the fastest growing independent labels. It’s important that candidates are able to work as team players and are able to thrive in fast paced environments.
Being passionate about helping independent artists push their careers forward is a must. In this role you would work as part of the Ineffable Records team, the label division of Ineffable Music Group. You would be working to secure opportunities for Ineffable Records and Ineffable Management clients.
- Develop and execute a sync licensing strategy to generate revenue and increase exposure for our artists and catalogue
- Negotiate and secure sync licenses for music in all media, including film, television, commercials, video games, YouTube shows, and other visual media. This includes staying up to date with any new areas in the marketplace that are seeking sync placements.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key industry partners, including music supervisors, ad agencies, and other music licensing professionals.
- Monitor sync licensing trends and market conditions and adjust strategies as needed.
Stay up-to-date on industry developments and attend relevant industry events and conferences
- 4+ years of experience in sync licensing, music supervision, or a related field
- Proven track record of securing sync licenses for music in various media
- Strong network of industry contacts and relationships with music supervisors and other key players
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and problem-solve
- Passion for music and the sync licensing industry
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and endless opportunities for growth and development within the company.
Please email a short pitch and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ineffable Music Group
Ineffable Music Group is an independent vertically integrated modern music company broken into three main divisions. Ineffable Management is a full service artist management company; Ineffable Live houses the company’s live ventures including venue ownership, operations and talent buying, full service event production, and ownership in festivals; Ineffable Records is Ineffable’s label business and oversees the release of recorded music.
Founded in 2006 and with headquarters in Oakland, CA at the former studio home of Green Day, Ineffable Music Group focuses on experiences, putting artists first and creating cultural moments. Advocating for artists to maintain ownership and control of their music, Ineffable works across the spectrum of the music business, producing over two thousand concerts and festivals per year across the US.
Ineffable Management is a full service company that manages artists such as Stick Figure, Collie Buddz, Trevor Hall, The Movement, Ripe and more that have collectively sold millions of albums and had their music streamed tens of billions of times.
Ineffable Live owns and/or operates The Catalyst in Santa Cruz, Ventura Music Hall, Cornerstone in Berkeley, The Golden State Theatre in Monterey, The Fremont Theatre in SLO and Felton Music Hall. It also has ownership in Levitate Music Festival and Cali Roots, among other venues and festivals. Ineffable also provides talent buying and promotion services for various venues and festivals.
Ineffable Records is Billboard’s top independent reggae label in the world and helps artists from Solomon Islands to Jamaica release their music while allowing artists to maintain ownership and creative control over their music.