Marketing Manager, Independent Label
Work with Head of Marketing to lead artist releases at an indie record label.
Being a small but growing label, the applicant should be well versed in adapting themselves within multiple tasks which require varying skillsets. A good understanding of putting together marketing campaigns, but technical knowledge for digital aspects too.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- The core role will be to deliver thumb-stopping marketing campaigns for developing artists across a wide range of genres.
- Coordinating daily with external teams, press, live, radio, management
- Forming original and creative ideas in order to get artist and music noticed and shared in alternative ways
- Managing social media accounts daily for artists, including Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/YouTube/Spotify for artists
- Commission content, artwork, photoshoots and music videos
- Monitor and analyse streaming/social data and share most impactful insights with wider team/partners
- Create and/or commission content for social media posting
- Communicate with artist and management teams effectively for timely approval
- Manage and cultivate strategic partnerships with key digital platforms and subscription services, with the aim to grow each account’s business, maximise revenue and exposure for all artists and talent
- Maintain relationships with DSPs and key digital/social partners and work with them on promotional activities, exclusive content and other partnership opportunities.
- Spot digital trends, understand new technologies and align these with business objectives to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions.
- Work closely with the UK Marketing & Digital counterparts
- Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders on releases and campaigns
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Impactful presentational skills to convey information and results clearly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities
- Excellent time-management, organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to take broad campaign concepts and translate into partner specific initiatives that result in sales/streams and impression
- At least +2 years prior experience at a major or established independent record label
- Working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists