Digital Manager – Ignition Records
This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave and a fixed term contract of 9 months, to start ideally from early June and based in central London.
This is an exciting opportunity working for an independent record company across a roster of globally successful artists working both catalogue and frontline releases, plus emerging developing artists.
We are seeking a creative Digital Manger who will be responsible for the development and implementation of digital marketing campaigns and online strategies across Ignition Records and associated labels Sour Mash and Big Brother Recordings, as well as working alongside Ignition management clients.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in digital marketing and a deep understanding of the music industry.
- First point of contact for team, artists and external partners for digital queries
- Working both with label and management teams, plus with artists directly where required, to manage and execute innovative and creative digital campaigns including streaming, social, organic reach and paid advertising
- Using analytic tools to provide feedback on campaign progress across all metrics to measure the success of campaigns and provide critical evaluation.
- Communicate these results internally and externally
- Conduct digital audits to make sure all areas are optimised
- React quickly to campaign developments and live activity, adjusting strategy where needed
- Manage the maintenance of artist websites where needed, working with external agencies including splash page creation for key campaign moments
- Tracked link management
- CRM – responsible for growth tactics, data management, creating and sending using mail clients (mainly MailChimp) and working closely with D2C partners
- Ensure label and management activities remain GDPR compliant
- Work alongside Ignition Artist Managers and external labels on artist marketing campaigns and assist supplying digital assets where needed
- Manage all aspects of artists’ social media
- Create and develop bespoke social media strategies, tailored to each artist’s brand and style
- Execute plans and organic communication – posting content, responding to fan engagement, and grow the artist’s online presence, reach and engagement.
- Monitor growth across all platforms and provide analysis
- Mentor artists on best practices, strategy and use of social media
- Create social assets internally and brief externally where needed
- Manage social agencies
- Manage artists accounts and playlists
- Liaise and maintain relationships with digital partners, streaming services and global distribution to lead editorial pitching across all platforms
- Maximise promotional opportunities and campaign visibility
- Optimise YouTube and content channels to ensure peak visibility and performance of artists’ content
- Provide regular analysis on streaming results and present these, mapped against competitor activity where needed
Digital Marketing (Preferred but not essential):
- Oversee external paid media campaigns and evaluate ROI and ad performance, providing analysis internally and externally
Personal Specification & Skillset
- Keen interest in digital trends and up to date understanding of new features, industry developments and competitor activity
- Experience with social scheduling, analytical and reporting tools used by social, digital advertising and partner platforms.
- Knowledge of eCRM best practice and how to grow and nurture email databases
- Ability to network and build relationships across digital partners and social networks
- Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure, flexible and able to prioritise own workload
- Proactive, strong project management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business
- Tactful and diplomatic, especially when dealing with artists and management
- Software experience with Photoshop and video editing software