Motivated and enthusiastic individual wanted to join our team. Must have previous reception experience, be highly organised, forward thinking and a good team player.
- The EA to the Co-founder
- Frithville Gardens, Shepherds Bush, London or another office within reasonable distance.
- As soon as possible without compromising on the eligibility and suitability of the candidate.
Background to IE Music
The ie:music group of companies includes:
ie:music: a music management company representing Craig Armstrong, Ladyhawke, Passenger, Robbie Williams, Neck Deep and Cher Lloyd, amongst others.
In September 2002, ie:music furthered it’s presence in the industry by setting up shop in the land of entertainment that is Los Angeles, California.
In 2010, the Company opened a small office in Sydney, Australia from where Dan Medland, joint MD manages Passenger, Ladyhawke and Gin Wigmore.
ie:music – How we work
Our aim is to be the best at what we do, always putting the needs of our artists first. We succeed by being innovative and creative whilst allowing our artists full control of their destiny.
We believe that teamwork means working together, helping each other to achieve our common and agreed goals. We strive to create an environment that fosters a family spirit of co-operation, mutual support and creative thinking.
We have a flat non-hierarchical structure to encourage approachability and accessibility. Although each person has his/her own objectives and aspirations, roles tend to change over time. We do not have tight job delineation or demarcation.
- To ensure appropriate first contact with external visitors and callers (clients, artists and suppliers).
- Responsibility also includes ensuring that all supplies are fully stocked, office facilities are in working order and that the office building as a whole runs efficiently and smoothly.
- The role is critical in representing ie:music as the first point of contact with the outside world and requires initiative in knowing what to refer to others, as well as when and how to do so.
- To manage all external contacts (whether by phone, email or face-face) and handle them efficiently and courteously.
- Greet and welcome all visitors and offer refreshments.
- To maintain a tidy reception, office area and meeting rooms.
- To maintain all office facilities, machines and electronics.
- To order and monitor all office supplies and consumables from ink cartridges, stationary and digital requirements to office lunches.
- To oversee the telecoms system and refer issues appropriately.
- To run the office meeting room diary and make sure meeting rooms are readily available and that there is no duplication, highlighting when rooms are not going to be available and recommending pre-emptive action.
- To manage all incoming and outgoing post and couriers.
- To oversee the office IT systems and refer accordingly, including assisting and supporting the team with mobile phones and laptops etc.
- To manage the outsourced cleaning contract and staff, monitoring the outcome and alerting their manager to any shortfall.
- To manage office maintenance contracts, including phones, fire alarm maintenance etc.
- To ensure the office is kept up to date with legislation, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid etc.
- To filter the [email protected] enquiries and refer accordingly.
- Update staff records with any changes and communicate to all staff.
- Create and update signatory lines for the company.
- To manage ie:music social media platforms.
- To organise staff social events and staff birthdays.
- General support to the whole company with ad hoc duties, including ie:west and ie:east or as directed by the EA to the Directors.
Candidates’ Background and Experience
- This role can be very busy and we are looking for someone who is extremely organised and able to remain calm under pressure.
- This post will suit someone who is looking for a very hands-on varied role in a small, busy and fun-loving company.
- This individual will understand the importance of maintaining the front of house to a high standard and a well-run office environment.
- The post holder must be able to use their initiative, prioritise workload and also be pro-active and forward thinking.
Potential candidates for this post will need to demonstrate:
- Some relevant experience on a busy reception and some experience of office/facilities management
- A track record of being a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be highly reactive, whilst also being pro-active and prioritise workload accordingly
- Energy and enthusiasm a ‘can do’ attitude and be very self-motivated
- An eye for detail
- Passion for high standards of delivery in all areas
A sound basic education and a track record of commitment to work will be paramount.
Compensation and Details of Employment
Salary dependent on experience
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, although during busy periods the post-holder is expected to work such additional hours as the job demands.
Annual leave is 25 days per annum plus an additional non-contractual and discretionary 15 days for an extended Christmas closure.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
Offer of employment
Any offer of employment will be made subject to two satisfactory references.