ie:music is a music management company representing Ayda Field, Charlie Russell, Craig Armstrong, Gin Wigmore, Hero Fisher, Ladyhawke, Lance Ferguson, Lemar, Lily Allen, Passenger, Robbie Williams, Stu Larsen and Will Young.
The company is currently looking for a London-based PA to join its UK team.
This is a full-time, long term position, with an initial 3 month probationary period, and will see the successful candidate support one of the Joint Managing Directors who is also an Artist Manager.
The purpose of the role is to assist and support the Managing Director so as to maintain his strategic and creative focus by helping to prioritise his time and reduce his time involvement in day-to-day operational and administration tasks, thus allowing him to work more efficiently.
- Manage the diaries and time of the Managing Director, including setting up meetings across multiple time zones.
- Assist in all the administrative and operational aspects of the Managing Director’s day-to-day business life including diary and email management, transport, accommodation, travel, itineraries, organising approvals, contract signing and appropriate filing of important documents, preparation of papers, agendas and follow-up for both internal and external meetings, as appropriate.
- Providing personal life organisation when required.
- Deal with charity/availability enquiries.
- Upkeep of up-to-date contact database for the Managing Director.
- Develop good relationships both internally and externally.
- Ensuring good communication, in particular when the Managing Director is out of the country – keeping him across all necessary.
- Co-ordination, tracking and reconciling of expenses.
- Taking minutes in meetings and on calls, as required.
- Provide support where necessary to the Managing Director’s number two
Candidates’ Background and Experience
Candidates will need to have a very sound track record in a personal assistant capacity, as well as experience in working in music. In addition, he or she will need to be able assimilate large amounts of information quickly and absorb the culture of the way in which the Artist is managed.
To this extent, political nous is essential and a hierarchical approach to others will not be appropriate. Ability to read a situation and react appropriately will be paramount; to understand equally when to seek direction and when to offer it. Also vital is the need for absolute confidentiality as the role holder is party to information that MUST NOT be shared outside the business or with any other employees.
Flexibility and open-mindedness will be essential for successful growth in the role and job performance. Telepathy and mind-reading would be an additional bonus!
Potential candidates for this post will need to demonstrate:
- Touch typing to a minimum of 60wpm
- A passion for thoroughness and getting things right on every occasion
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and ability to navigate Apple Mac systems in addition to being internet savvy
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing heavy workload at executive level and prioritising appropriately
- Attention to detail at all times
- Reliability, flexibility and calmness with a high level of integrity and discretion
- A ‘fit’ with the culture
- Energy, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think outside the box and find solutions to problems for which there is often no precedent
- Common sense
- Ability to work autonomously
- Resilience and determination to succeed
- A sense of humour
Please apply in writing with cv, to: email@example.com
Please mark clearly in the subject line ‘PA Application’.
Closing date: Monday 13th February