IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in London, Paris, New York, Berlin and Johannesburg.
Following our highly selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalised attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +40 people and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Glitterbeat, Godmode, High Note records, Infine, Jalapeno, Local Action, No Format!, Proper Music Group, Record Makers, SRD, Vinyl Factory, and more.
Additionally, IDOL offers a range of other services including international physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
In parallel, IDOL also operates as a technology provider for 3rd party record labels and digital distributors, such Because Music, Concord Music Group, Ditto Music, Fluve Digital (Som Livre), Kompakt, Wagram Music and more.
Based in our London office, your main role will consist of promoting IDOL’ s labels and projects within our network of partners : audio streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music Unlimited…), download platforms (iTunes, Beatport, Juno, Bleep, Amazon MP3…) and launch creative and innovative release campaigns to achieve commercial goals.
You will also be in charge of implementing commercial operations, build deeper partnerships around specific campaigns and analyse results to ensure global revenues on given accounts are maximised.
- Run daily commercial relations / negotiations / follow up with DSP partners
- Analyse and report results (playlists inclusions, audit of target-playlists on DSPs, features, special operations…)
- Participate in the improvement of internal tools for the department and other daily tasks (internal process, CRM reports on newsletters, conversion rates etc…)
- Run internal reporting to optimise the release strategies in close collaboration with the Head of Retail Marketing and the label management team.
- Ensure constant improvement of the DSP network whilst maintaining existing contacts.
- Attend gigs frequently and help introduce new music to the rest of the team.
- 3 years minimum experience in the music industry (ideally digital background), related to retail marketing
- Very good knowledge of Digital Service Providers and new music consumption usages.
- Passionate about music and music culture, solid knowledge of the independent music scene
- The candidate will be a proven relationship builder, have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, a flair for negotiation and be challenge-driven.
- They will display an ability to work autonomously and be highly organised.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com with email topic as indicated : “IDOL job application – UK Key Accounts Manager”