Project & Label Manager – US
IDOL is a fully independent artist and label services company founded in 2006 with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, London, Paris, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalized attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +60 people across its offices and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Exceleration, Fire Records, B3SCI, Local Action, Soundway Records, Gondwana Records, Glitterbeat, Acrophase Records, No Format!, Moderna Records, and Ubisoft Music to name a few – across its label roster, IDOL distributes artists such as Four Tet, Rone, Rival Consoles, Ginger Root, Portico Quartet, L’Impératrice, La Femme, Lomepal, Ibrahim Maalouf and more.
Based in the US, your role will consist of assisting North America based labels with day to day management and implementation of their global release campaigns and helping international labels and artists with their North America specific development strategy.
You will be tasked with conceiving industry leading marketing campaigns, and implementing creative strategies in coordination with the management of the artist and the wider IDOL team. You will also be responsible for helping with the logistics of our labels’ release plans and advising them on innovative campaigns to achieve commercial goals.
This position reports jointly to the General Manager – North America and the Paris-based Head of international coordination – Label relations.
- Conception and implementation of marketing plans, timelines and strategies for IDOL priority releases for the US market
- Overseeing the smooth running of each campaign, ensuring the timely delivery of all assets, monitoring the overall budget and coordinating with the external teams involved (PR, Radio, etc.)
- Coordinate these releases with the rest of the IDOL Distribution team (DSPs relationships, audience development, international coordination, content)
- Liaising closely with our label partners and artists to deliver the highest possible levels of service and market insight
- Managing the US labels releases using our portal Labelcamp and assist them at every stage of the campaign
- Analyzing campaign results on a regular basis in order to improve results
- Being a creative force and proactively advising on ideas, insights and opportunities to optimize results
- Developing our US resources (contacts etc) and monitoring changes in the market as well as the competition activity
- Representing IDOL by attending gigs and industry events and meeting with our labels, artists and business partners
- At least 5 years experience in the music industry with a minimum of 3 years in a similar position in a label and/or artist & label services company
- Very good knowledge of US music market, Digital Service Providers and new music consumption usages
- Passionate about music and music culture, solid knowledge of the independent music scene
- The candidate will be customer service driven, a proven relationship builder, creative and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be highly organized
Conditions of employment
- Full Time Position
- Starting date : ASAP
- Salary: DOE
- Health & Dental Insurance Coverage
- 401K Matching
- 25 Paid Vacation Days + Paid Federal Holidays
- Paternity & Maternity Leave
- Flexible/Hybrid Office Schedule
- Locations: New York or Nashville
For us, IDOL is above all a team of people. Benevolence, respect, engagement and openness are at the core of our ethos. We are committed to promote these values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application IDOL – Project/Label Manager – US”.