IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Paris, New York, London and Johannesburg.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts more than 30 people and over the years has become one of the major specialists in the global digital market, providing full worldwide distribution services to labels such as Infiné, Awful Records, No Format, Godmode, Bromance, Proper Music Group, Glitterbeat, Jalapeno, Colette, Record Makers, Syllart – to name of few.
In parallel, IDOL also operates as a technology provider for 3rd party record labels and digital distributors, such as Because Music, Ditto Music, Domino, Kompakt, Virtual, Seed, Wagram Music, Select, and many more..
This position consists of managing the key accounts and platform relations in North America in the aim to guarantee the development and optimization of our catalogue turnover within the digital stores. This position is based in our New York office in Williamsburg.
We are looking for a highly driven & dynamic music professional who is passionate about independent music and has a good understanding in the new ways of music consumption.
Depending on the profile and experience, other responsibilities can be added to the role.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with the digital services in North America
- Helping to optimize the trade marketing approaches/strategies, including devising and implementing new strategies to maximize exposure and opportunities for our catalogue
- Coordinating the activity and its processes with the internal Label Relations team
- Developing & optimizing the turnover of IDOL’s constantly changing catalogue
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the music industry, including an extensive background in digital distribution within a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of the digital music landscape and new ways of consuming music
- A multi-task profile with strong entrepreneurial spirit and an in-depth knowledge in digital operations and web marketing
- Label management experience a plus
- Extensive network within the US/CA independent scene a plus
- Confident and assertive relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills
- Curious & research led
- Strategic thinker
- Adaptable & Innovative
- Extremely well organized
- A Passion for independent music