Head of International A&R / Business Development
IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, London, Paris, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalised attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +60 people and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Exceleration, B3SCI, Local Action, Soundway Records, Gondwana Records, Glitterbeat, Acrophase Records, No Format!, Fire Records, SRD, Ubisoft Music… and artists such as Four Tet, Rone, Rival Consoles, Ginger Root, Portico Quartet, L’Imperatrice, La Femme, Lomepal, Ibrahim Maalouf and more.
Additionally, IDOL offers a range of Artist and Label Services including digital marketing, audience development or international physical distribution.
Based in our Paris HQ, your role will consist of managing and overseeing the international A&R team in its mission to develop the IDOL catalogue. Through your knowledge of the main music markets and your management skills you will help the team sign exciting new and established record labels and artists.
- Management of the International Business Development team
- Coordination and follow-up of identified prospects in conjunction with the IDOL US, UK, DE, ZA teams
- Meeting with prospects and presenting IDOL and its ethos
- Negotiation, follow up and execution of distribution deals
- Business representation at a global level (industry events, festivals…)
- Strategic thinking: services offering, innovation in business models, etc.
- Help on sourcing of artists and labels, taking into account the very selective IDOL signing policy
- Strong involvement in corporate communication & events
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Digital
- 8 years minimum experience in the music industry in managerial positions
- Very good knowledge of Digital Service Providers and new music consumption usages
- Fluency in French and English mandatory
- Passionate about music and music culture, solid knowledge of the independent music business on an international scale
- The candidate will be a proven relationship builder, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a flair for negotiation, be creative, curious, persistent, thorough and challenge-driven
- Permanent position
- Starting date : ASAP
- Conditions : Competitive salary + various company benefits
- Location : IDOL – 100 rue de la Folie Méricourt – 75011 – PARIS
For us, IDOL is above all a team of people. Benevolence, respect and openness are at the core of our ethos. We are committed to promote these values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Application IDOL – Head of International Biz Dev”.