IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Paris, London, Nashville, New York, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a highly selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalised attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +50 people and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Godmode, High Note records, Infine, No Format!, Proper Music, Record Makers, SRD, Vinyl Factory, Vohinc and more.
Additionally, IDOL offers a range of other services including worldwide marketing and physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
In parallel, IDOL also operates as a technology provider for 3rd party record labels and digital distributors, such as Because Music, Concord Music Group, Ditto Music, Fluve (Som Livre), Kompakt, Wagram Music and more.
- IDOL is seeking a new General Manager to look after the expansion of its operation in North America.
- You will join a Nashville-based staff member and gradually develop the US team according to the activity growth.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with an extensive knowledge of the US independent music industry. The candidate should also have substantial experience and network, in order identify and develop
- new business and the opportunities within it.
- This position reports jointly into the Director of Distribution and the Head of A&R development, both based in Paris
- Develop revenues from North-America-based labels: seek out and sign new North-America-based labels in line with IDOL selective policy
- Supervise the North America label management and retail marketing activities
- Support the activities of the company globally by providing local knowledge and contacts to the global development team
- Work in close relationship with the other offices of the group
- Manage and structure the US Office. Manage local staff.
- Substantial experience in sales and distribution and/or account management in the US independent music industry sector, with at least 5 years in a digital music business environment (distribution, label, digital services,..)
- Extensive knowledge of the US music market and especially independent sector
- Excellent working network within the US independent players (labels, management companies,…)
- Proven business development track record
- Office and staff management experience
- Confident and assertive relationship builder
- Entrepreneurial, results driven
- Excellent communication skills
- A Passionate self-starter able to work without direct supervision
- Curious & research led
- Passionate about independent music and music culture
Education: Bachelor & higher OR relevant substantial work experience.
– Health Insurance contribution
– 401 K Matching
– Paid Holidays
– Paid Vacation Days
- Location: Los Angeles or New York
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Closing date: 31 January 2020