IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, London, Paris, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a highly selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalized attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +60 people and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Exceleration, B3SCI Records, Local Action, Moderna Records, Gondwana Records, Kitsuné, Glitterbeat, Acrophase Records, No Format!, HighNote Records, Record Makers, SRD, Vinyl Factory…
Additionally, IDOL offers a range of other services including international physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
In parallel, through its technology subsidiary IDOL Tech, IDOL markets its Labelcamp distribution application. The Labelcamp platform is used by some of the most prestigious independent music companies worldwide, such as [PIAS], Because, Ditto, Kompakt or Som Livre.
Based in the US, your main role will consist of promoting IDOL’ s labels and projects within our network of partners in the US but also Canada and Latin America : audio streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube Music, Pandora, Amazon Music Unlimited…), download platforms (iTunes, Amazon MP3…) and launch creative and innovative release campaigns to achieve commercial goals.
You will also be in charge of implementing commercial operations, building deeper partnerships around specific campaigns and analyzing results to ensure global revenues on given accounts are maximized.
This position reports into the Head of Retail Marketing based in Paris
- Run daily commercial relations / negotiations / follow up with DSP partners
- Analyze and report results (playlists inclusions, audit of target-playlists on DSPs, features, special operations…)
- Participate in the improvement of internal tools for the department and other daily tasks (internal process, CRM reports on newsletters, conversion rates etc…)
- Run internal reporting to optimize the release strategies in close collaboration with the Head of Retail Marketing and the label management team.
- Ensure constant improvement of the DSP network whilst maintaining existing contacts.
- Attend gigs frequently and help introduce new music to the rest of the team.
- 3 years minimum experience in the music industry (ideally digital and/or retail marketing background)
- Very good knowledge of Digital Service Providers and new music consumption usages.
- Passionate about music and music culture, solid knowledge of the independent music scene
- The candidate will be a proven relationship builder, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a flair for negotiation and be challenge-driven.
- They will display an ability to work autonomously and be highly organized.
- Experience in Label Management would be considered a benefit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Indefinite Contract
- Starting date : ASAP
- Salary : DOE
- Health Insurance contribution
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Place: Los Angeles / Nashville / Remote
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with email topic as indicated : “IDOL job application – US Digital Key Accounts Manager”