IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, London, Paris, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a highly selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalised attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +60 people and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Exceleration, B3SCI, Local Action, Soundway Records, Gondwana Records, Kitsuné, Glitterbeat, Acrophase Records, No Format!, HighNote Records, SRD, Vinyl Factory… and artists such as Four Tet, Rone, Nils Frahm, Ginger Root, Portico Quartet, L’Imperatrice, Lomepal, and more.
Additionally, IDOL offers a range of other services including international physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
Based in our Paris HQ, your main role will consist of assisting the global A&R team in its mission to develop the IDOL catalogue by actively contributing to the signing of new labels and artists. Through your knowledge of emerging trends and scenes around the world you will help identify tomorrow’s artists and labels.
- Sourcing of artists and labels with a focus on USA – Europe – Africa, taking into account the IDOL signature policy
- Coordination and follow-up of identified prospects in conjunction with the IDOL FR, US, UK, DE and ZA teams
- Meeting with prospects and presenting IDOL and its ethos
- Assisting the A&R local teams in their day-to-day tasks (filtering incoming requests, processes, drafting, travel coordination, etc.)
- Monitoring of market trends and developments
- Help with the constant improvement of our tools (rationalisation of processes and information storage, efficiency analysis, CRM maintenance, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Digital
- 2 years minimum experience in the music industry (ideally digital and/or A&R background)
- Very good knowledge of Digital Service Providers and new music consumption usages
- Fluency in French preferred
- Passionate about music and music culture, solid knowledge of the independent music scene
- The candidate will be a proven relationship builder, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a flair for negotiation, be creative, curious, persistent, thorough and challenge-driven
- Position Type: Permanent
- Starting date: ASAP
- Salary: DOE + company health insurance + Swile card
- Location: IDOL – 100 rue de la Folie Méricourt – 75011 – PARIS
For us, IDOL is above all a team of humans. Benevolence, respect and openness are at the core of our ethos. We are committed to promote these values.
We are proud of our safe, friendly, and diverse work environment and remain conscious of these aspects on a daily basis.
IDOL being an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application IDOL – A&R Talent Scout”.