ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry that harnesses years of combined expertise in the multi-territory music market. We are the world’s first integrated processing hub offering copyright, online licensing and processing services. We offer the music industry professional, reliable, accurate and efficient services that enable music societies, music publishers and the composers they represent to manage their copyright information and to receive royalties they are due for online exploitation of their works.
As part of ICE, you will be working with some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated experts in the industry. We collaborate closely with our customers to continuously develop our products and services to ensure the best results. The markets we operate in are challenging, in terms of both their complexity and speed of change. ICE therefore requires its employees to adopt a flexible and positive approach to the developing requirements of their role and environment.
We are currently looking for a:
Senior Finance Analyst (Publisher Customers)
This is a newly created role as a result of the company’s growth, as Senior Finance Analyst, you will support the organisation in delivering tasks and processes in support of the critical monthly financial distributions to all our major publisher customers. This includes scheduling, forecasting and completing quality assurance checks on all distributions.
You will support the organisation by producing the monthly management reporting packages for these customers including the reconciliation of distributions in line with specific commercial terms. In addition, you will be responsible for various analyses around revenue, costs and various non-financial information around these customers. This also includes responsibilities around the delivery of the annual budget and regular forecast. Finally, you will also look for ways to improve reporting tools, processes and systems for our publisher customers.
- Lead our commitments to major publisher customers for the distribution of online royalties, including reconciling system output and quality control checks
- Co-ordinate and perform all relevant month-end closing activities for our Special Purpose Vehicle ‘SPV’ customer, including reporting on P&L and Balance Sheet with variance commentary
- Ensuring reconciliation between financial ledger system, including review and clear down of balance sheet accounts
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for SPV customers
- Support the Finance Director to develop opportunities for optimising existing business processes and mitigate the risk of service credits
- Provide input and support the design, testing and implementation process for publisher bespoke requirements
- Handling customer queries relating to monthly invoicing and distributions, and attending regular customer face to face meetings
- Completing reconciliations for distribution accounts and adhering to strict deadlines
- Reviewing bank payment files and completing specific checks for both accuracy and unusual activity
- Review of distribution schedules, completing specific checks and reconciliations to a high degree of accuracy
- Build strong relationships across the finance team and wider business
- Supporting team in completion of external year end and internal audit requests
- Ad hoc tasks, involving analysis of finance and distribution systems
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience within an analytical role
- Relevant Degree essential (New or Part Qualified) (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Highly numerate and organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong data gathering, analytical and reporting skills to solve problems and identify business opportunities, potential risks and impacts on the business
- Excellent financial modelling skills and experience
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Strong experience in the use of accounting systems and accounting principles.
- Experience with financial planning and reporting systems, such as Cognos BI would also be highly advantageous
- Harnesses the appropriate expertise, resources and technology to achieve outstanding results
- Instils a sense of pace and urgency into the business and seek to sustain momentum
- Can communicate findings in a meaningful and accessible way for all stakeholders
- Able to work easily on own initiative but also in close conjunction with key individuals across different teams
- Strong motivation to run a customer facing role and act as a Subject Matter Expert without any direct reports
We look forward to receiving your application (Please apply online by sending your CV and covering letter by Thursday 8thAugust, incl. your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.)
We employ, train and develop, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this without regard to any individual’s sex (m/f/d), race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.