What is ICE?
ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry that harnesses years of combined expertise in the multi-territory music market. We are the world’s first integrated processing hub offering copyright, online licensing and processing services.
Our customers include collecting societies, major and independent music publishers and digital service providers such as Facebook, Mixcloud and Soundcloud. We work to help ensure composers and songwriters are compensated accurately and fairly for the use of their Works.
As part of ICE, you will be working with some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated experts in the industry. We collaborate closely with our customers to continuously develop our products and services to ensure the best results.
In the Repertoire Operations position, you will be responsible for providing the critical link between Contract Managers in our Berlin and Munich offices, the Commercial Teams in London, and most importantly to the Licencing Managers responsible for ICE’s licensing deals with the Digital Service Providers (DSPs). This role requires development, influence and maintenance of the rights-holder services and initiatives to maximise mandates and satisfaction whilst delivering competitive and excellent customer service.
Please note this position has a 2 year limited contract.
You are responsible for:
- Manage and document repertoire rules and maintain in the appropriate systems
- Manage Rightsholder mappings within the processing systems
- Manage repertoire changes including the assessments of commercial impacts
- Develop, document, implement and maintain an end-to-end process for the operational repertoire works
- Coordinate with the Technical Online Working Group Europe (TOWE) representatives regarding all repertoire related topics
- Maintaining picture of matching rights grants, timing of grants/exclusions and flow of business separated info through to licensing
- Coordinate with ICE Commercial Teams and Customer Management regarding split policies applied globally and the impact on our customers
- Manage two-way information flows with CISAC including updating definitions and providing notifications within the business regarding upcoming changes, splits, or additions of territories
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Support the Licensing Team in maintaining worldwide rights flow-pictures for commercial and contractual use
- Responsible for investigating problems and managing solutions to incidents, issues, and queries caused by repertoire related items
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to customers (STIM/PRS/GEMA) regarding disputes from various DSPs outlining how the situation has been addressed in various dispute management portals
- Work with internal stakeholders to troubleshoot licensing outcomes
- Identify trends and anomalies in Licensing, request fixes to our Repertoire modules where needed
- Support internal repertoire based KPI-analysis
- Experience in Online licensing or processing from a Societies and/or a Publishers perspective
- Holistic understanding and knowledge of collecting Societies operations, legal framework, and the challenges they face
- Experienced in driving change and delivering creative solutions to improve customer service while maintaining budget restrictions
- Knowledge in European law or Copyright law would be an advantage
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Online Operations systems and business processes
- Analytical skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Ability to understand and articulate complicated subject matter
- Problem solving and the ability to manage a high volume of work
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills (English is our corporate language)
- Experience with Database management – SQL Query skills
We offer You:
- Free drinks (e.g. Coffee, Tea)
- Free fruit on a regular basis (when we are back in the office someday)
- BVG Ticket (AB)
- Flexible working times, Monday to Friday
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit the following:
- Your current CV
- A cover page that describes your motivation for applying, earliest starting date, and required salary range
If your experience, interest, and capabilities are aligned with our required qualifications, we are very much looking forward to your application.