ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry. We sit at the exciting junction between technology, data and digital music consumption, addressing many of the industry’s biggest challenges. Based in the UK, Germany and Sweden, with a multi-national team of250+ committed colleagues we are purpose-driven in our mission to enable accurate, transparent & fair compensation for songwriters and publishers on an international basis. We achieve this through our music licensing, processing and copyright services.
Our team negotiates deals with digital music services such as YouTube, Facebook, TikTok and many other services who rely on & benefit from music in their services; innovatively address the data challenges involved in analysing epic volumes of global usage data to match written songs to recordings and calculate royalties based on terms from licensing deals and consolidate complex song ownership data from multiple sources to provide the industry’s most authoritative rights picture, underpinning accurate songwriter payments from a wide range of sources, this work has seen us distribute more than €1bn in digital royalties to our customers since 2016.
At ICE we are guided in our working culture by our values, and a firm commitment to Diversity & Inclusion. Working at ICE means demonstrating Respect for everyone by understanding and celebrating our differences, embracing the Creativity that comes from different perspectives and achieving Excellence by bringing out the best in people who can bring their whole selves to work.
We work together, collaboratively, with equal participation and inclusion to do the best for our colleagues and customers.
You are responsible for:
- Lead negotiations for bespoke digital licences and support senior management in negotiations with the highest value accounts, carrying out the in-depth analysis required to back-up our licence proposals.
- Maximise revenues for each account by ensuring all their services are fully licensed and by pro-actively identifying new revenue opportunities.
- Prepare licence proposals and present these for approval by ICE management team, and in turn for management team to present to the
- Licensing and Revenue Committee, liaising with Committee support staff and other members as required to secure their buy-in.
- Build close working relationships with accounts, using face-to-face meetings, regular phone contact and tailored licensing seminars to ensure that they continue to use music.
- Take full responsibility for resolving issues that arise from accounts, identifying where changes need to be made to our operational practices or licensing strategy and engage the appropriate people internally and externally to effect such changes.
- Graduate level education or relevant work experience.
- Experience in a commercial negotiation/account management role
- An excellent knowledge of the online licensing market
- Experience in gathering, analysing and interpreting data.
- Experience of negotiating complex contractual issues.
- A good knowledge broadcast and new media industries.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to think and develop practical, innovative and creative solutions to the management of complex issues and problems
- Act corporately and work effectively across organisational boundaries and build effective liaisons that deliver high standards, collaborative working and integrated solutions
- Build positive relationships with partners and stakeholders, with strong networking skills and the ability to convince through personal credibility.
- Excellent interpersonal influence, communication and negotiating skills, with the ability to gain ownership for a clear vision and direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, at all levels whilst acting as an ambassador for the company
- Able to work easily on own initiative but also in close conjunction with key individuals across different teams.
- Imagination, flair, tenacity, flexibility & innovation
- Promote and support innovative thinking and a flexible way to solving problems
- Consider opportunities which will add value to the business and meet organisational goals
- Directly influence the organisation by striving to continuously improve through challenging the status quo
- Set the standard for collaboration by pro-actively breaking down barriers between departments
We offer You:
- Home Office working opportunities (including post-pandemic)
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Plan
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Free eye-care vouchers
- Flexible hours
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Season Ticket Loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit your current CV.
If your experience and capabilities match the required qualifications outlined above, we very much look forward to your application. Please include your earliest available starting date.